Aft Cabin on Regatta

katz

Does anyone have an opinion of aft cabins on Regatta? This will be our first O cruise in an aft cabin. Is there any difference, like deeper balconies, fumes or soot?

I am getting ready to book another cruise on Nautica and was wondering how people enjoyed these cabins.

Thanks for your help.

How aft are you talking about? We were in an OS on Regatta a number of years ago and loved it. I understand the veranda cabins in between the two OS cabins have deep verandas that people like very much.

If you're just talking aft on the port or starboard side, I couldn't comment.

Mura

We had the aft facing cabin on deck 7 for a Baltic Cruise.

As we set sail from Stockholm, we had a fabulous view of all the small islands of the archipelago. There were 4 of us on the balcony, enjoying wine, music and dancing.

Unfortunately, on the day we went through the Kiel canal, when I planned to sit outside and enjoy the peacefulness for a full day, it was COLD-think blankets and socks on my hands!

We are on Sydney to LA next year, and have the aft facing cabin on 6, which will be even deeper than the one on 7. We will have LOTS of sea days in warm weather to enjoy the balcony, and great views as we leave the island ports.

Can't wait!

Never had problems with soot; no fumes.

We were in 7121 this past spring, Miami to SF and loved it. The 180 degree views are fantastic. We stayed on our deep veranda for the entire canal transit....had the TV on so we saw everything in front of the boat and everything behind. Ordered room service for lunch so we didn't miss a thing. It's nice to view the ports as the ship leaves. Going under the Golden Gate Bridge on our veranda was memorable also. We had no problem with movement until the last two days when the ship ran into deep Pacific swells...but...the whole ship was bobbing. I didn't notice any fumes but there was some soot.....just wiped it off and all was well. We liked it so much that we booked our next cruise in the neighboring cabin.