Seasick on Oasis?

Just curious if the route makes a difference. I was on Allure last Thanksgiving and felt a lot of movement on the Eastern route. We ended up in ports late but due to waves and wind but don't remember specific details. Is the western route generally calmer? or does it not make much of a difference? Going on Oasis this Thanksgiving so curious.

Barb

Everything the previous posters suggested and one more thing to ease your worry......

Oasis is the MOST stable ship I have ever been on, even in very rough waters. I never felt the ship moving until I saw the wake.

Enjoy your cruise and don't think about being sea sick.:)

While Oasis class is the largest of all current cruise ships and likely among the most stable. it is still far tinier than the ocean on which she sails. so it is impossible to guarantee a person who is extremely sensitive to motion that they will not suffer from seasickness if the seas are heavy when they sail on her. We are fortunate not to be subject to motion sickness and have sailed on every class of RCI ship, but I have still felt movement on each class depending on the sea conditions. Anyone who is especially prone to mal de mer should take whatever ameliorative measures are available to them and not depend solely on the size of the ship.

Thank you all. I truly appreciate your feedback. We were able to swap our room and will be in Central Park. Not as midship as I would like but still midship. Because we are on a higher deck, I am going to see what options I have for medicine or holistic remedies just in case. I am looking forward to our cruise and hope to not even feel a thing! :)