Need advice about Southampton Port

We plan to cruise on Princess & disembark in Southampton the same day we embark on a Celebrity cruise out of Southampton.

Is it possible to stay in one cruise terminal upon disembarkation in somewhat comfort with luggage before moving to the next terminal for embarkation?

Any serious advice is welcome.

Not sure how we can arrange to be last off the ship, but will give it a go.
With all the clamour from so many passengers to be first off the ship (why? didn't they enjoy their cruise?), I've never had a problem asking to be in the last group, on any cruise line. Usually I then stay on board until the crew are trying to lift me and physically carry me off the ship. That always seems like a hint that I'm the last to leave, and that I'm about to outstay my welcome.

They are quite close in the same Dock area but not really walkable but <5mins taxi.

We just get our bags taken off at any time then just hang out on the ship, having a late breakfast, till the rush is over or they kick us off.

Let them call everyone(number color etc) eventualy you will want to get off anyway or get last call for pax , there are a few of those so you can ignore the first one or two.

When you hit the the bagage reclaim your bags will be the ones left.

Can't remember if there was a waiting area at Mayflower.

There is one in City terminal I would probably head there and drop the bags first they have a collection area between arrivals and departures and start relatively early.

Then decide what to do, head over to the shops a 10-15min walk hang out at the terminal or maybe the holiday inn or grand harbour hotel would be OK for a coffee in comfort.

If you get a taxi from MAyflower they could let you drop the bags then take you into town or too the shops

Princess berth at both Mayflower & Ocean cruise terminals, Celebrity at City cruise terminal. Keep a note of http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/live_information/shipping_movements_and_cruise_ship_schedule/cruise_ship_schedule/

for when the schedule is updated.

You're likely to be thrown off the ship by about 9.30 & unlikely to be able to register / board Celebrity til about 11.30 though it might be possible to drop your luggage early.

There are airport-style seating areas + toilets + vending machines in all cruise terminals. A café/bar in all of them too, though IIRC that's after check-in.

Taxi ranks at all terminals, the fare will be £6 to £7. But if the weather is pleasant it's possible to walk from either Mayflower or Ocean to City in 15-20 minutes, even with luggage.

From Ocean you'll pass Town Quay, the waterfront & several cafes & places to sit. including Holiday Inn (facilities open to non-residents) at the port gate for City cruise terminal.

But from Mayflower it's all inside the docks & no facilities.

Once you've dropped your bags, the large West Quay Mall, the city shopping centre & old town sights are a 10 - 15 minute walk.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull