Shopping😊

Would like to know what to shop for in Australia and New Zealand . Are Uggs a better buy there than in the US? Anything else that I should be looking for?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Uggs might be better in New Zealand. I'd get a sheepskin over there as well or a Maori woodcarving. For Australia, opals, aboriginal artwork?

I hope other will add to your list of possibles. Enjoy your cruise and time here.

Merino wool thermal underwear, opals and if you're visiting the west of Australia pearls from Broome (no I didn't know they had them until we visited...check Google) Wine from NZ or some nice chrystal wine glasses, knitting wool, cadburys Chocolate or products, there are some nice pieces of artwork at Te Papa Museum shop if you're visiting Wellington.

If you're visiting Sydney there's a fabulous Bead and Button shop almost at the port called Buttons, buttons, buttons,25 Nurses Walk, The Rocks again check google, it's a fabulous place even if you're not a sewer. OH also bought a Burma Kangaroo leather bush hat again Google for pix) and a Kangaroo leather skin wallet. You could also get a gold nugget as a pendant at Ballarat, I bought mundane things like nail polish I hadn't seen before and also Opal ear rings, but the one thing we wish we had bought from Paddy's Market in Sydney was a walking stick which had a variety of extras attached, eg a hook for your jacket, a holder for a bottle of water and all types of natty gadgets. There are many place where there are really nice handicrafts and then there are others where you can get a dried centipede....yeuk. I bought several charms when we were in AUS and NZ eg Kiwi, koala, which I add to my USB & journals which have all the photos and journals relating to the holiday.

Sandy in Spain

I love the uggs we get in Australia but not having been to US I can't compare them. On our first cruise and visit to NZ I'm very keen to check out their uggs. Opal jewelry is very nice, Akubra hats are amazing and then anything kangaroo or crocodile skin is original to Australia (unless it has made in China on it)..