Just off Sky 3 Day today (9/28) - review & will answer any questions!

marciemi

Here is the link to all the Dailies in order - I just scanned in the 4 main pages for each day, along with the map/info we were given at embarkation, debarkation info, and a room service (and breakfast card) menu. They should all be in order - if you click on the first image and go through them all it should be chronological. And if you need help seeing any of them just click on the magnifying glass on the top right of each image to zoom in:

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/marciemi/library/NCL%20Sky/Dailies

Thank you so much for everything! You have been very informative! Can't wait to go through the dailies later today...might print them out and read on the plane tomorrow morning! :)

Thank you, marciemi, for this terrific "non-review". We are on Sky Dec 11th 2015 for our first anniversary celebration and pre-winter getaway. You've made us even more excited for these forthcoming few days. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I, too, LOVE the small ships so really looking forward to it.:)

Just wondering if you ever dressed up for dinner? My daughter and I like to wear cocktail dresses for dinner when we cruise, but I am wondering if we would feel out of place. It sounds pretty casual.

Did you go the White Hot party? If so, what type of outfit would you recommend?

Thanks!

Just wondering if you ever dressed up for dinner? My daughter and I like to wear cocktail dresses for dinner when we cruise, but I am wondering if we would feel out of place. It sounds pretty casual.

Thanks!

I can't speak for what OP did, but cocktail dresses aren't out of line at all. If you have instagram look for nclsky or norwegiansky. You will find tons of recent photos, mostly the under 30 year old set, but you can see what they wear and get a vibe of the crowd onboard. It looks very resort casual. Just a few hours until we head to Miami and not a pair of pants in the bag :)

Thank you, marciemi, for this terrific "non-review". We are on Sky Dec 11th 2015 for our first anniversary celebration and pre-winter getaway. You've made us even more excited for these forthcoming few days. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I, too, LOVE the small ships so really looking forward to it.:)

My BFF & I are going on the same cruise. This will be her very first cruise. My husband and I cruised on the Sky for our very first cruise in Aug 2009. I can't wait to get her hooked on cruising also. :p

Sorry all! I really meant to read and answer and then of course life gets in the way. :o I generally wore slightly dressy pants, sandals and a blouse to dinner. DH wore khakis & a polo each night. But people are in everything from a tux & gown to t-shirts & shorts. If I saw someone extremely dressed up I'd just assume they were doing pics (a cruise is a great place to get nice formal shots of the family/couple!). Certainly not required but also certainly there will be others as dressy and no one will care either way.

We didn't go to the White Hot party on this cruise but did on the Epic in Feb. I wore all white - white shorts & a mostly white t-shirt but again, no one would really care. Totally up to you!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Since the Sky is freestyle meals and we don't plan to eat in any of the speciality restaurants that charge can we just rely on bringing shorts/shirts for the trip? We are going at the end of January. Will we need a jacket?

Shorts allowed in all dining venues. No jacket required but if you are asking about the weather you might want one for the evening. Figure upper 60's/low 70's at night.

With UBP no additional gratuity is charged but it will show the original charge on the slip. Long and short of it, no you won't pay anything more.

Beach towels (blue and turquoise striped) will be in your room for beach and pool use. You will need to bring them ashore for the beach and bring them back to the ship. You can exchange for fresh ones on the pool deck but you must leave them in your room at the end of the cruise or you could be charged $25 for them.

60 is not old. So hopefully you won't feel old either!

Thank you LMaxwell! I don't feel old but heard the majority of cruisers on this ship are quite a bit younger. I can party with the best of em but may not recover as quickly!! So if the tip is not included we should probably tip, right?

Every time you get a drink the receipt shows the gratuity charge that goes to the bar staff. You just aren't being charged any additional for that. Tip more if you want to for great service but it's not expected since it is included with the package and you should not feel pressure to tip additional with each drink.

Do specify what liquor you want or ask bar tender for suggestions otherwise you get cheap house brand.

I had posted a link to several UBP drinks with pictures i found here but am posting from mobile device. When home later I will find and post the link here for you.

• 2 months later...