Conquest room 6201 - "6B" room - front of ship? Help!

Sablerose

Okay, I have a confirmation that we are in room 6201 on the Conquest, which is an oceanview room right in the front of the ship.

What's the deal with this room?

It is on the Upper Deck.

HELP!!! :D:D

//edited: A Carnival person told me that it's considered 6b because of the "small walking deck" out in 'front' of the rooms, that our windows face forward to the front of the ship and that it's considered "obstructed" because people can walk out there if they know about the deck.

She also told me that if we have a room assigned, that we probably won't be getting any further upgrades.

I'm just happy to be on the ship, and everything, but can anyone tell me about any of these type of rooms right in front of the ship? Any wonderous tales to tell me so I can get hubby all excited?

I thought it would be neat to have the little deck out in front, but then I thought, "Aw, crap. It'll be really windy."

I didn't mean to update myself right out of asking a question when I edited that post, LOL!

I would still love to know if anyone has had a 6B room in the front of the ship, if you can tell me about this little "walking deck" that's out there, anyone's ideas or pictures or anything.

I know this isn't a "spa room" with the big floor to ceiling windows. It's also apparently the same size as a regular oceanview room.

Are we gonna gain or lose anything, experience-wise, by having forward-facing windows? Anyone use that little deck ever? **IS** it too windy? Maybe we'll go out there in our jammies in the morning and have coffee. Heh.

Our own private balcony. Kind of. Sort of.

Just hoping for anyone's feedback, trying to be all excited but have never heard anything about this type of room before so I'm a little worried, I guess.

Those decks on the front of the ship are some of the "secret areas" that people on here talk about. Not many PAX know about or use them so there shouldn't be much, if any traffic out there at all.

It actually looks like a pretty cool location because you'll be able to see where you're going and you can walk right out onto the deck. Be a bit creative with some "crew only" signs and you have your own private area. You might want to remember that the cabins near you also have windows that look out that way when you consider clothing options ;).

John

We were aboard the Triumph in Cabin #6203. The ships have a similar layout. We loved the cabin. It was quiet at the front of the ship. There was some motion due to being so far forward but not too bad. There are doors at the end of the hallways that lead out to the forward deck. Not too many people know about these forward decks. It will be quite breezy out there while at sea. All other times, it is a great location to get some fresh air and some good pics when entering or leaving a port. I couldn't find a good picture of the front deck but here is a link to a picture taken out the front window: http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=136584090&photoID=462510446&security=rbZuDe

The railing is about 8 feet from your cabin. There are also benches to sit on. I think that you are two decks below the bridge so you can see them working up there.

1924682245_Cabin6203WindowView3.jpg.b1a05281c6086a2aa8df592d0f3feabe.jpg

This is just me (and Rose, you may love it!) but I would be mortified if I got put in one of these rooms if and only if several people had discovered the deck the window faces and people were hanging out on it a lot....I'd NEVER open my curtains in the room if that were the case! I remember being out on that deck on the Upper Deck on the Valor and people had their curtains open and I could see right into their cabins...I could see them if they were in the room! I personally would be creeped out by people looking in at me.

On the very bright side, you're NOT in an inside room - I don't know what your GTY was for and don't know if you may have had the chance to wind up in one. Also, you likely won't be in your cabin very often, mostly to sleep, shower and uh, do stuff I can't say on this message board :D

You must be so excited, it is right around the corner!

Many people go out there at certain times, like the sail away and docking etc...

Would creep me out as well to have people looking in, and that is exactly what they do. But it beats the crap out of an inside room so congrats on the upgrade!!!

Rose, just be sure the curtains are closed when taking part in "Honeymoon Activities" or changing.

You could also bring along one of those fisher price "Driver" sets. You could set it up by the window and hubby could pretend he's driving the ship. :D

......You could also bring along one of those fisher price "Driver" sets. You could set it up by the window and hubby could pretend he's driving the ship. :D
Now that is a real photo-op! But you have to have it set up on the front of the deck while he's wearing his dress blues! Having him pretend to steer the ship and honk his horn would surely earn him a post in the most unforgettable passenger thread!

John

I am booked in one of those 6B cabins in the front of the ship on the Valor cabin #1002. Carnival rep told me it had one way glass. You could see out but no one could see in. Is this not true? It wouldnt be the first time Carnival gave me wrong information. :confused:

Linda

I am booked in one of those 6B cabins in the front of the ship on the Valor cabin #1002. Carnival rep told me it had one way glass. You could see out but no one could see in. Is this not true? It wouldnt be the first time Carnival gave me wrong information. :confused:

Linda

It would a peer (in) not. :D

Linda

I could see into people's cabins there just fine. Not that I was particularly looking, but when I glanced that way I could see right in....could see their belongings strewn about and could clearly see the back of the stateroom door!

Keep the curtains closed when you're in there and valuables out of sight and you'll be fine.

If I remember correctly, you could see into the cabin if the lights were on. With the lights out, you would have to put your nose to the glass to see anything. Don't worry, it's a great cabin. The walk to the front of the ship IS a long one. You will definitely get some exercise walking to your cabin.

• 4 years later...

Archived