Delux Balcony info Regal Princess

UandMe4Ever

Hi cruisers,

We just got an upgrade from a regular balcony Baja deck 704(BD) to a Deluxe Balcony on the Caribe Deck (DB) 618. (233 sq.ft) Does this include the balcony?

Has anyone stayed in this balcony recently and what are your thoughts? Not that close to aft elevator, but, other options were very, very forward. We have heard that Deluxe Balconies are nice.

Any information you can provide will be most appreciated. We leave in 3 weeks!

We had a deluxe balcony on the Royal (which is the sister ship of the Regal so same layout). I believe the square footage quoted includes the balcony. The Deluxe Balcony stateroom, as I recall, wasn't a whole lot bigger than a regular balcony cabin but having the love seat in the room was a very nice addition. Be aware that the balconies on this ship are very small unless you get one of the larger ones mid ship. There have been a lot of complaints about them but we found them to be quite useable for two people. At least you have enough room to sit out with two chairs and a very small cocktail table. Enjoy your cruise.

The dimension includes the balcony. A deluxe balcony cabin is 233 sq.ft. and a standard balcony cabin is 222 sq.ft. The balconies are the same size at about 4'x9' so your cabin will be 11 sq.ft. larger or just over a foot deeper which provides room for a loveseat which is nice.

Thank you for your information! We are not quite mid-ship. I'm sure it will be fine. a loveseat is a nice addition. I didn't realize the regular balconies do not have them. Guess I've been spoiled on RCI and NCL...

Any more input is welcome...

It's all good :-)

We just got off the Regal and had a Deluxe. Right next to us was a regular. We couldn't for the life of us find the extra square footage. The layout of the desk/fridge is different (you loose storage space with deluxe). The sofa is where the fridge is. Otherwise the cabins seemed identical.

Thank you for your information! We are not quite mid-ship. I'm sure it will be fine. a loveseat is a nice addition. I didn't realize the regular balconies do not have them. Guess I've been spoiled on RCI and NCL...

Any more input is welcome...

It's all good :-)

We were in C619 on the Regal for 17 days in April and it was a good location for us...not too far to the aft stairs/elevators and conveniently located near the self service laundromat.

Thanks all for your input! I'm sure we'll be fine and enjoy it all....A chair, little table, a drink, clean air and it's all wonderful....We'll be ok in the cabin as well. Looking forward to a nice, relaxing and enjoyable cruise.

Safe sails to you always, and thanks again :-)

Nice upgrade. We had cabin C618 last year on the Regal last year. Nice to have the extra space in the cabin. As far as storage, there are three less drawers, but, we certainly didn't miss them. As far as we were concerned there was plenty of storage. Enjoy the cabin!

Thanks a lot!! That's the most positive thing I've heard about this cabin...are there any negatives we should know or any hints, good or bad?

Do you remember much about the center elevator? How did you find the food in the MDR and Buffet? Heard buffet is good. What about the shows? Anything I can do without? We are seniors, but young at heart.

Thanks again :-)

Thanks a lot!! That's the most positive thing I've heard about this cabin...are there any negatives we should know or any hints, good or bad?

Do you remember much about the center elevator? How did you find the food in the MDR and Buffet? Heard buffet is good. What about the shows? Anything I can do without? We are seniors, but young at heart.

We were on the Regal in a Deluxe Balcony cabin last year but only for six days (long story).

Yes there are fewer drawers but is wasn't a problem for us. Our clothes were hung up or on the shelves in the closet area and our other items fit in the two drawers in each nightstand. The larger shower was a nice improvement.

The buffet was so good that we ate there every breakfast, most lunches and half of the dinners. Had a very nice dinner in Alfredo's one night, had our complementary promotional dinner in the Crown Grill and found it to be far too noisy and this was before the piano player started in the Wheelhouse Bar and we ate in a half empty MDR one night.

The shows are all new to Princess and the Regal. We unfortunately had to leave the Regal before Fiera and Bravo which are supposed to be the two best shows but we did enjoy Spectacular and Sweet Soul Music.

Our balcony was all the way forward so we hardly ever used the center elevators. The forward elevators' programming was very frustrating as almost empty elevators would pass by (I was able to look downstairs at least twice and verify that there were only one or two people on the elevators that passed us by :mad::mad:) and you would needs to wait quite a while for another.

No negatives that I remember. Had no problems with the center elevators. Food and service in both MDR and Buffet was great. We are not fans of the shows, however, a lot of excellent entertainment in various locations on the ship. Please keep in mind this was almost one year ago so the food and entertainment situations may or may not be the same now. Enjoy the cruise. :cool:

We enjoyed our cruise on the Regal as well as the Royal and look forward to 2 weeks onboard the Regal in a couple months.

We enjoyed the food, the entertainment and service. We had no issues with the elevators. Just know that the elevators are most busy before each dinner seating and after the Princess Theater shows. :)