Quick! Need last minute tourist info!

renee1222

Ok, so we fly out for San Juan in 5 days for a cruise. I admit that I have not thoroughly planned for this little adventure, and am now overwhelmed! We have all of our necessary reservations, etc., but I need ideas for how to spend our time in San Juan before and after the cruise.

We will arrive around 5pm the night before our cruise. The cruise doesn't depart until 8:30pm the next day. We are staying at the Renaissance Marriot. We will need a dinner recommendation for that evening and then sightseeing ideas for the morning of the cruise departure day. I need help with logistics on luggage as well since we will be checking out of the hotel, but might not go directly to the cruise ship. We may check with desk at hotel to see if they can hold it for us. Any ideas how to spend the morning? We will probably board the ship by 2 or 3pm.

Also, we will have another night in San Juan post cruise, so we are planning on doing Old San Juan the day we return from the cruise. However, I'm not really sure what Old San Juan involves. Is it just walking through a historic district? Restaurant ideas? Anything we need to specifically be looking for? Do we just have a taxi drop us off at Old San Juan and then walk? Are taxis easy to come by to get back to the hotel?

Thanks so much!

Old San Juan is only 7 square blocks. You might want to tour the forts and wander around for the day. I checked on trip advisor for restaurant ideas and got some really good places. Definitely going to stop at Casa Cortes, everything on the menu includes chocolate. A friend who is from Puerto Rico suggested Raices if you want good Mofongo.