Cell Phone Use While at Sea..........

Spartan1771

Good luck with that....I did that because my mothers health was bad...set everything up and guess what - did not work. When we arrived back in states my daughters phones blew up with all my messages asking how she was doing. Tried everything to make it work.....nothing. I spent over and hour on phone with Verizon setting this up. If it works please let us know.

We had the same problem two years ago. A customer service rep onboard (RCI) told us to try removing and reinserting the card, and voila! We had to do this several times.

OK, I signed up (added) the Month to Month International Travel Plan online with Verizon. I was able to pick the date to start, but there was nothing about picking an end date. Does anyone know how I can do that, or do I have to call Verizon when returning home?

Also, can anyone tell me how to set my cell phone (Apple iPhone 5S) for the International travel? I do not wish to receive updates (apps, etc.), nor do I use email on my cell. ;)

I stumbled on his article. It's too late for me, but might help others looking for International services.

http://www.cellularabroad.com/verizon_intl.php

Also, in this mornings email, I received the following from Verizon.

Unlimited Global Wi-Fi Offer

Stay connected around the world with Verizon Wi-Fi Connect. For a limited time, get unlimited access to select Global Wi-Fi hotspots as part of your Global Plan. Download the Verizon Wi-Fi Connect app from the Android™ Play Store or Apple® App Store® on your mobile device or tablet.

Visit Global Services for more information.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-wi-fi-connect-faqs/

The plan we purchased cost $40 for one month. It includes 100 minutes of talk time, 100 outgoing text messages, 100mb of data and unlimited incoming text messages. We are having it on our account for only one week. The prorated cost if $10 and the prorated service will be 25 minutes of voice, 25 outgoing text messages, unlimited incoming text messages and 25mb of data.

I have a question for anybody who used this plan with Verizon Iphone.

Long time ago we need to eneter special code while leaving States or Verizon phone would not work abroad.

1. Do we need to do anything with Verizon iphone now?

2. I assume data toggle for all applications should switched off and data roaming is off

Anything else should be done on iphone settings before leaving???

Thanks in advance

Mike

I have a question for anybody who used this plan with Verizon Iphone.

Long time ago we need to eneter special code while leaving States or Verizon phone would not work abroad.

1. Do we need to do anything with Verizon iphone now?

2. I assume data toggle for all applications should switched off and data roaming is off

Anything else should be done on iphone settings before leaving???

Thanks in advance

Mike

You mean *228 to "update your roaming capabilities". No, smartphones today with SIM cards don't need to do that anymore.