Should I change from 6109 to 7259 on Reflection?

mafig

We got assigned 6109 on Reflection on a Guarantee. I notice that 7259 has become available. It is also a 2B. My understanding is that you can change staterooms on a guarantee if they are in the same category (even if the assignment was made over a month ago). However, I have my edocs and luggage tags and wonder if it's worth it. I would certainly change if prices dropped and I could upgrade.

I know that 6109 is far forward and subject to noise when docking. We are on Reflection's eastern itinerary so it would only be two days since PR arrives in the afternoon. A plus is that the view from there is straight down with no lifeboats.

7259 is more central in location. It won't have the noise of 6109 and will probably have a smoother ride.

Is one better than the other? Worth switching? If it's six of one and half dozen of the other, I'll just stay put.

PS: I DID check the Sticky.;)

You would also be nice and close to the hideaway for morning coffee...:)

I second this. I was on Deck 7 on the Silhouette and the Hideaway was great for a quick cup of tea or coffee, as well as just reading early in the morning. I am booked in the same location on my upcoming cruise on the Reflection.

I second this. I was on Deck 7 on the Silhouette and the Hideaway was great for a quick cup of tea or coffee, as well as just reading early in the morning. I am booked in the same location on my upcoming cruise on the Reflection.

But if you're on Deck 6, it's only one deck above to get to the Hideaway:rolleyes:

Edited by gsb

It depends upon personal preferences.

I would stay on deck 6, as you would not have anyone walking below you, and there is no overhang from the higher decks. You also have a full 180 degree view from the balcony, and a view straight down to the sea.

On deck 7, you would only be 2 decks above deck 5, where people congregate/walk up and down, and you would also be above the smoking side of the ship. You are also behind the "hump" hence you view may be restricted looking forward. To look out from the balcony, you will not be able to see the sea straight down, the lifeboats will be in line with the deck below you.

These are very minor differences, which you may feel are insignificant, and are all related to the balcony rather than the cabin location itself.

Edited by Guernseycruiser