RC visa reward points.

gmadvm

Husband has a coworker with 37 K points that he is not going to use. he says he called RC and was told he could apply the points to a different person's reservation. They aren't going to cruise anymore or use them and we have a cruise booked for May. Everything I have read says that the points are not transferrable, or giftable, or even inheritable. When I pointed that out he said that the RC person said that if we got on a 3 way call, he could apply the points to our reservation.

We have 81K points that I'm going to redeem for $800 discount. Can we do anything with his 37K points? I think that we probably can't but hubby and this coworker say that it is possible.

I haven't redeemed points in a long time so I don't remember how it works exactly, but I thought you redeemed the points and then visa mails you the certificates. then you call RC and apply the certificates to your reservation and then mail them to RC (which seems inefficient in this internet age). If coworker redeems his 37K for say $300 discount and gets them mailed to him at his home can he turn around and hand the certificates to us so we can redeem them?

Husband has a coworker with 37 K points that he is not going to use. he says he called RC and was told he could apply the points to a different person's reservation. They aren't going to cruise anymore or use them and we have a cruise booked for May. Everything I have read says that the points are not transferrable, or giftable, or even inheritable. When I pointed that out he said that the RC person said that if we got on a 3 way call, he could apply the points to our reservation.

We have 81K points that I'm going to redeem for $800 discount. Can we do anything with his 37K points? I think that we probably can't but hubby and this coworker say that it is possible.

I haven't redeemed points in a long time so I don't remember how it works exactly, but I thought you redeemed the points and then visa mails you the certificates. then you call RC and apply the certificates to your reservation and then mail them to RC (which seems inefficient in this internet age). If coworker redeems his 37K for say $300 discount and gets them mailed to him at his home can he turn around and hand the certificates to us so we can redeem them?

Everything is done on line now and directly with RCI. You can call the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626 and they will help you with any questions.

Here is the link from the RCI website Royal Caribbean Visa Signature® Card To access your account using this link to redeem points, you will need your Log-in and Password info that is used when accessing your account directly on the BofA website.

Edited by cruisenfever

... Everything I have read says that the points are not transferrable, or giftable, or even inheritable...

What this means is that one person cannot move their points to another person's Visa account. However, the owner of the points can redeem the points and apply the redemption to any cruise, whether it's their cruise or someone else's cruise.

wow really? that's great. thankful this coworker has decided to stick to land trips. :)

One thing to note. The online web form does not have a space for the booking number of the cruise. Your coworker should put the booking number of the cruise in the "Notes" field.

I have done this several times through the online system. Like others said there is a place to put the reservation # of where you want the points applied. :) I would also follow up in the notes box what they are trying to redeem, who gets the redemption and reservation #. No that can't give ya the points but they can redeem them for your booking.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Edited by CruisinDawn