Rci website question

Hi I booked a gty cabin, but somebody mentioned on here they sometimes offer you an upgrade at a cost or upgrade you pending approval, where would I find this if it happens .

Ive noticed a cabin number on my booking already even though we booked gty

Thanks in advance for any help:)

Royal Caribbean is pretty chincy with the upgrade fairy. I rarely hear of people getting a cabin outside of the main category they booked the guarantee. Inside will stay inside, outside with stay outside, and balcony will stay balcony. Of course, you can alway purchase an upgrade provided there are cabins available.

Hi I booked a gty cabin, but somebody mentioned on here they sometimes offer you an upgrade at a cost or upgrade you pending approval, where would I find this if it happens .

Ive noticed a cabin number on my booking already even though we booked gty

Thanks in advance for any help:)

There are 3 kinds of upgrades.

1 is the "I booked an inside and instead they stuck me in a Junior suite" upgrade. As you might imagine, this is about the same odds as being struck by lightning, twice, while tanning on the pool deck.

2 is the "RCCL will call you personally and ask you if you'd like the opportunity to upgrade for an extra $100 or something" This is also fairly rare... this works both ways though, you can watch the prices online and call and ask to be upgraded if the price drops significantly.

3 is the "RCCL decided to move my room(same coding) to deck 6 midships and they are calling it an upgrade for some reason I can't begin to comprehend, but I'm pissed" this is even more common than type 2.

We booked a guarantee inside cabin for our cruise at the end of November. We have had our cabin number confirmed and have been given a large oceanview cabin.

RCI sent an email to TA to confirm and they forwarded onto us.

Needless to say we are very happy (and just hope that RCI don't change their mind)

We booked a guarantee inside cabin for our cruise at the end of November. We have had our cabin number confirmed and have been given a large oceanview cabin.

RCI sent an email to TA to confirm and they forwarded onto us.

Needless to say we are very happy (and just hope that RCI don't change their mind)

Thanks for all your help