Question about On Board Credit...

lakelodge

Good you have OBC, especially since this appears to be less common these days with HAL. I'd use it for the tipping. Photos are way overpriced and souvenirs on the ship are useless. We used to get OBC but no more. Holland America has tightened up the screws, so to speak.

I am actually concerned about the level of OBC that we are accumulating due to HAL's 'deals.' We are now up to $1000 total for our April Med cruise. With Explore 4 already paying for drinks and we don't do photos, and having to book/pay for excursions in advance (our choice) we will be having more credited back to our credit card than we are billed.

I think the on-board future cruise credits are the best deal in town. No risk, guaranteed low deposit. A no-brainer for us.

Dennis

I am actually concerned about the level of OBC that we are accumulating due to HAL's 'deals.' We are now up to $1000 total for our April Med cruise. With Explore 4 already paying for drinks and we don't do photos, and having to book/pay for excursions in advance (our choice) we will be having more credited back to our credit card than we are billed.

I think the on-board future cruise credits are the best deal in town. No risk, guaranteed low deposit. A no-brainer for us.

Dennis

Do you know about using the slot machines to "wash" money into cash while onboard? IMO it is safer than potentially losing OBC that is not refundable.

Do you know about using the slot machines to "wash" money into cash while onboard? IMO it is safer than potentially losing OBC that is not refundable.

I do.... I will likely do it this time. I think all of the OBC we have accumulated would be 'refundable', but I probably should not take the chance. I will at least carry less cash this time and use the 'wash' money for the added tips.

Dennis