First Cruise Since.....2010 - Going on Anthem! Questions Galore!

johnjen

Our last cruise was with Carnival - never again, so since last night was the last night to book the BOGOHO deal, we took the plunge! Going on Anthem June 16th out of Cape Liberty for a nine day!

- Cabin 13220 - wondering what's above us?

- Dynamic Dining? No idea what that is, but we booked doing it...we're so used to early dining and a formal night - I guess that's gone now? Pros/cons on dynamic dining?

More questions coming but these boards are just as good as they always were! Glad to be back cruising again with RCCL and can't wait!

Our last cruise was with Carnival - never again, so since last night was the last night to book the BOGOHO deal, we took the plunge! Going on Anthem June 16th out of Cape Liberty for a nine day!

- Dynamic Dining? No idea what that is, but we booked doing it...we're so used to early dining and a formal night - I guess that's gone now? Pros/cons on dynamic dining?

More questions coming but these boards are just as good as they always were! Glad to be back cruising again with RCCL and can't wait!

It looks like you may have part of the H2O zone above you, but I doubt you'll be able to hear anything on your balcony because of the way the upper decks are constructed...but I'm not positive. I believe they close it at night, so that won't be a problem.

As far as dynamic dining, they have 2 options: Dynamic Dining (regular) and Dynamic Dining Classic. Regular is true dynamic dining, where you make the reservations for each night, if you wish. You can make them online or on the ship. For Dynamic Dining Classic, they have an early and late seating (times are TBA for sailings) and you have the same tablemates and waiter, but rotate through each of the restaurants with them. Most likely you'll hit all 4 twice with the exception of one, you'll only get once. I'm not an expert on this but this is from what I've read.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Above is a link to the info on RCI's webpage.

Edited by cot427
added link

With dynamic Dining, you get to choose which restsurant and at what time for each night of your cruise. If you want formal, then choose the Grande. Look at the menus and choose which appeal to you. I would suggest you do this ahead of time on line so you know when and where you are dining each night. We did Dymanic Dining on Quantum and enjoyed it very much.

Thanks very much for the feedback on this, everyone.

I'm going to talk with DW and see what she wants to do, probably classic, then will call the cruise line and tell them which one we want. The booking confirmation only says DYNAMIC () but then again we just made the preliminary booking yesterday.

Thanks very much for the feedback on this, everyone.

I'm going to talk with DW and see what she wants to do, probably classic, then will call the cruise line and tell them which one we want. The booking confirmation only says DYNAMIC () but then again we just made the preliminary booking yesterday.

Be sure to call ASAP if you decide classic DD. I am booked for May 2016 and when I called to make the change, they said they had spot available for classic and my travel companion was waitlisted. Now shes D+, so they said it would only be a day or so before she's automatically moved over. But still...must be a popular option.

On the latest copy of the booking confirmation, it now states

DYNAMIC (CLASSIC1)

I'm guessing that means we're dynamic classic early seating?

I requested the early classic dining also for the same cruise but leaving June 30th and that is what mine looks like :)

I requested the early classic dining also for the same cruise but leaving June 30th and that is what mine looks like :)

Perfect! I called and it's been confirmed. When I requested this the other day we were placed on a waiting list for early (it's that popular) but it's now on there!

Isn't it nice? Something for everyone; those that want traditional vs. those that want to pick and choose, plus have the options of the for-pay venues. We are excited about the Dynamic where we have booked different restaurants at different times each night based on the excursions & shows which are also available to book online. Planning is always the most excited part of the trip for us so we did not mind this one bit.