Conquest food question

mosaic_mom

Hi: As stated above the American Table started on the Conquest on Oct. 17 the first day of our cruise.We are in Orlando until early next week when I will right more in depth. Just a few thoughts, and if you have any questions I will try to answer them here before we return to New York. Tablecloths on the 2 elegant nights. The dining room calls them "feast" nights. The table tops appear to be new, so we had no problem with them. Looked quite contemporary. Waiter told me they has 10 days off and on training for the transition. Wait time for us was painfully slow. We have used YTD since it first started and this is the first time we were a perfect 8 for 8. We had to wait with a pager every night. The wait was usually 15 - 20 minutes. But, in fairness we usually went between 7:30 ad 7:45 and that was prime time. Seems like everyone ate then to have time to make the 10pm show. Not disappointed or overly impressed. But, I promise you will not go hungry. (hoss) Mike

Along with the new menu, the tablecloth's are gone and the bread and water are on your table for self service. Napkins are no longer folded in a fancy way, they are just on your table in a folded square. Not complaining, just saying.

:)

funny about the tablecloths...I didn't notice at all but one of the friends I was traveling with noticed it...I did notice the water carafes being on the table....bread was on table in a basket most nights but some nights they brought it around like they used to do...all that stuff with napkins and such is totally inconsequential to me...the food itself really didn't change much at all...and I am not complaining either...I just find it interesting/odd whatever that Carnival made such a big deal about the new menu/concept and really nothing much of consequence changed at all

Edited by tiger belle