Conquest food question

mosaic_mom

Just off Conquest Monday. Yes menu is on TV in room and they still have old menu.

Funny - I could have sworn the Conquest has the new menus.

In a way, I'm glad to hear I am wrong :). I enjoy the old menus anyway. Thanks for setting the record straight :)

Just off Conquest Monday. Yes menu is on TV in room and they still have old menu.

Off Conquest as well on Monday. Was not impressed generally. Why brunch 3 days. Would be nice to have lunch in MDR other the one day we did. Lido, Guys, etc....enough but every day. Zoo for liquor pick up on debarkation. Only great part was Wee Jimmy as CD.

HaHa! Sounds to me like people frequented the Alchemy Bar quite often!! No one seems to know if Conquest has American Menu and this is people that just got off the ship......I will just need to be surprised in 31 days. Doesn't matter either way to me. I don't cruise for the food, that's just a bonus:D

HaHa! Sounds to me like people frequented the Alchemy Bar quite often!! No one seems to know if Conquest has American Menu and this is people that just got off the ship......I will just need to be surprised in 31 days. Doesn't matter either way to me. I don't cruise for the food, that's just a bonus:D

Great Attitude!!:):)

I can add a little more confusion to the thread. We are sailing on the Conquest this saturday the 17th. I sent a question to John Heald a couple of weeks ago and here was his reply. The american table menu will be implemented on the 5 day cruise starting on October 12th. There was personnel aboard the ship the week before making it ready. Whether it was done, who knows? will find out in two days.

I can add a little more confusion to the thread. We are sailing on the Conquest this saturday the 17th. I sent a question to John Heald a couple of weeks ago and here was his reply. The american table menu will be implemented on the 5 day cruise starting on October 12th. There was personnel aboard the ship the week before making it ready. Whether it was done, who knows? will find out in two days.

Can you reply on this thread when you get back so we'll know for sure?

Have a great cruise! :D

We debarked this morning, and judging from the menus posted on the TV screen they might have implemented the American Table menu on the last night of the cruise. We noticed that Prime Rib was served the last night, as well as on our cruise-elegant night, and I can never recall that being served twice during a 5-day. The menu display indicated some American Table entries ("port of call" was one), but only for the last night.

I didn't go to the MDR the last night, so I can't confirm what the menus looked like. My cruisemate said they DID serve prime rib.

We debarked this morning, and judging from the menus posted on the TV screen they might have implemented the American Table menu on the last night of the cruise. We noticed that Prime Rib was served the last night, as well as on our cruise-elegant night, and I can never recall that being served twice during a 5-day. The menu display indicated some American Table entries ("port of call" was one), but only for the last night.

I didn't go to the MDR the last night, so I can't confirm what the menus looked like. My cruisemate said they DID serve prime rib.

Yep, my girls had prime rib on that last night however the rest of the menu had not changed to the American Table menu. I had studied the heck out of them prior to the cruise because of the announcement they would be switching prior to the cruise.

just got off this morning from the Oct 17 sailing...absolutely, the new menu was implemented, and I am almost 100% certain our sailing was the first one on Conquest with the new menu...in fact, our head waiter said that this was what was causing the slow service we had many nights in the MDR

Just off yesterday. Can confirm that the October 17 sailing was the first week with the new menu's. It was a bit chaotic for the kitchen and staff to switch "overnight".... wait staff was not very familiar with the items yet (understandably). The had lots of corporate chef personnel on the ship assisting with the transition. I think service and food suffered a bit during this transition week.

And yes... the menu is on the TV...

:)

Just off yesterday. Can confirm that the October 17 sailing was the first week with the new menu's. It was a bit chaotic for the kitchen and staff to switch "overnight".... wait staff was not very familiar with the items yet (understandably). The had lots of corporate chef personnel on the ship assisting with the transition. I think service and food suffered a bit during this transition week.

And yes... the menu is on the TV...

Thanks for confirming. I do understand the challenge to the cooks and wait staff the first week of implementation. I have sailed Carnival many times in the past, and I didn't truly see any big difference in the menu as far as food choices. It was just a different way of displaying things IMO. The old "standards" were for the most part still there. The only big difference I saw was the addition of special appetizer and entree items specific to the port of the day.

What did you think?

Thanks for confirming. I do understand the challenge to the cooks and wait staff the first week of implementation. I have sailed Carnival many times in the past, and I didn't truly see any big difference in the menu as far as food choices. It was just a different way of displaying things IMO. The old "standards" were for the most part still there. The only big difference I saw was the addition of special appetizer and entree items specific to the port of the day.

What did you think?

Tiger Belle - I really liked the addition of the "Port Specials"... Thanks for reminding me :) For those that have not seen this, each night there is a drink, appetizer, and entree' that is "relevant" to that days port culture/food. I tried some of these a couple of times and enjoyed them.

Along with the new menu, the tablecloth's are gone and the bread and water are on your table for self service. Napkins are no longer folded in a fancy way, they are just on your table in a folded square. Not complaining, just saying.