Any new info on what updates Splendor will get in dry dock?

wantocruisemore

Nothing has been released yet. Although during a TA conference in Sept, this is what was said.

"I was told today that the 2.0 would be Guys, Blue Iguana, both Red Frogs, Cherry on Top, EA Sports, Playlist Productions, Hasbro, Alchemy Bar.

La Cucina del Capitano will go in that wasted area call the rotisserie that no one goes to on deck 10.

Serenity Area will likely be on the aft deck adult area so that's easy

A few surprises.

NO current plans for new Water Slides (that old blue thing is laughable)

NO BONSAI SUSHI PLANNED

But they are putting JiJi on the ship!"

Nothing has been released yet. Although during a TA conference in Sept, this is what was said.

"I was told today that the 2.0 would be Guys, Blue Iguana, both Red Frogs, Cherry on Top, EA Sports, Playlist Productions, Hasbro, Alchemy Bar.

La Cucina del Capitano will go in that wasted area call the rotisserie that no one goes to on deck 10.

Serenity Area will likely be on the aft deck adult area so that's easy

A few surprises.

NO current plans for new Water Slides (that old blue thing is laughable)

NO BONSAI SUSHI PLANNED

But they are putting JiJi on the ship!"

Thank you for the information! Good to know....but I thought from looking at the deck plans that Serenity is maybe starboard, not in the back? Is there already an adult area aft that they would make into Serenity?

I actually like that news. Looking at there 6 day itineraries in spring and like them. Just don't want to go on a ship without alchemy, guys and cantina, since those are our favorites.

Thank you for the information! Good to know....but I thought from looking at the deck plans that Serenity is maybe starboard, not in the back? Is there already an adult area aft that they would make into Serenity?

I would not book a cruise based on the upgrades that a ship MIGHT get. The Miracle was originally scheduled to get Guys and Blue Iguana but that changed about 1 month before dry dock.

I don't know about Serenity or any adults only area.

I don't know about Serenity or any adults only area.

Oh, your original post did mention the Serenity / adult area aft, that's why I asked.

I booked my cruise not even knowing about the dry dock, so I would go regardless. Any upgrades are just icing on the cake, so to speak.

Oh, your original post did mention the Serenity / adult area aft, that's why I asked.

I booked my cruise not even knowing about the dry dock, so I would go regardless. Any upgrades are just icing on the cake, so to speak.

Your previous post asked about Serenity already on the starboard side and if there was already an adults only aft area.

Since carnival includes so many areas for kids, I love that they have some areas for adults, ie the aft pool on some ships and serenity. The kids are not slighted. Just gives some respite for the adults.

On liberty serenity was near the kids room, so it allowed adults some quiet time but still near their "babies".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and my two sisters were originally booked on the March 20, 2016 cruise which will be the first cruise post-2.0; unfortunately, it returns to Miami on Easter Sunday and my youngest sister still has little ones so now we're transferring the ressie to the first week in April.

Looks like they will be very busy with a little less than 3 weeks to complete the work!

I know you're all chatting about the restaurants, but I'm *really* looking forward to relaxing and taking advantage of the spa room/spa amenities. Remodeled rooms, new bedspreads, carpets, etc: Clean!

Seaglo, despite Carnival being a 'Family Cruise', there are *many* adults who have finished raising their kids (me), adults with little kids looking for a respite from the world of kiddies (my sisters), or adults who just don't want kids (my girlfriend who cruised with me the last two cruises I've taken) who also love the Fun Ships.

Even Disney has Adult Only offerings. There are plenty more adults on those ships than kids, and while you may enjoy having your child around, I am honest enough to say when I am relaxing in the Adults Only area and a little kid comes in and starts making noise, I will be the first one to stand up and fetch a steward to make sure the rest of my time spent relaxing in the Adults Only area will be void of any kiddies.

Rules are Rules, everyone deserves to enjoy their time on board, and we are all paying customers. I have a very stressful career, I am a Trauma RN in the third busiest ER in the US and when I am paying for something to help me relax, I appreciate and look forward to what I pay for.

Me and my sisters unfortunately were not raised together due to a messy divorce and we all live far away from each other. This will be the first time ever that the three of us will be able to vacation together. My kids have grown and my two sisters still have school-aged children, so us being able to spend time alone together without the kids is something we are all excited about.

A small section dedicated to Adults Only is something I am very much looking forward to, counting down the days!!

Exactly what Wndrwomn said! That's just how I feel as well. I wouldn't dream of going into the kid zone and dinking cocktails, smoking, and making noise or disrupting their time - and I feel the same way about them coming into the adult areas and making kiddy noise.

Big ships - room for all, both together and apart!