Christmas and Specialty reservations

4ready2cruz

Are the specialty dining restaurants in higher demand because of the Christmas holiday? My husband will be celebrating his 50th on Christmas Eve and I wanted a special dinner. But we have a lot of OBC to spend and I did not want to pay for the dinner beforehand out of pocket.

Also, we will be on the Constellation. Which is better, Tuscan or Oceanliners?

Are the specialty dining restaurants in higher demand because of the Christmas holiday? My husband will be celebrating his 50th on Christmas Eve and I wanted a special dinner. But we have a lot of OBC to spend and I did not want to pay for the dinner beforehand out of pocket.

Also, we will be on the Constellation. Which is better, Tuscan or Oceanliners?

Can't answer as to holiday bookings.

Oceanliners, is rich, delicious, french type cuisine, a formal affair. 2-3 hour dinners are the norm.

Tuscan, is an Italian steakhouse/bistro style, upscale casual, less formal. 1.5-2.5 hours experience usually.

I would eat at Oceanliner's once per cruise, and Tuscan multiple times.

I tried to make specialty restaurant reservations for either Christmas Eve or Day. Website would not accept either time. Captains Club Representative said they will only take those dates online just before sailing or once on board. Too much pressure and too many requests that are cancelled once on board.

Personally I prefer Tuscany

We also found we were unable to book specialty via website. Once we were on board, we had a hard time making a reservation for Christmas day. My suggestion would be to book what you want as soon as you board. We thought it wouldn't be difficult to book and it was. Good luck and have a great Christmas cruise!

We also found we were unable to book specialty via website. Once we were on board, we had a hard time making a reservation for Christmas day. My suggestion would be to book what you want as soon as you board. We thought it wouldn't be difficult to book and it was. Good luck and have a great Christmas cruise!

I've read on other threads that the website booking process only allows 1 reservation per time slot, There was someone who claimed to have tested this out and was able to confirm it. Knowing the limitations of their computer systems, I really kind of accept this may be the case.

Also, a perk of Concierge, AquaClass and Suites, is priority reservations, so they do hold many slots open for this purpose. I've confirmed this myself in the past by doing mock bookings in the website, in a standard cabin, I could only select early dining for example, but when I changed to Concierge, I could book either early or late.