Thursday Night Football on Allure in Europe?

Heni1805

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find anything about this topic in the search, therefore I decided to start a new topic.

I have one quick question. I am on Allure of the Seas next week and was wondering, if they show Thursday Night Football somewhere on the ship? I think the game starts at 2:30am, therefore I thought that maybe everything is closed by then, or not?

Thank you very much!

Cheers

Hendrik

It all depends on what the crew feels like piping in on the in cabin TV channels. They might show the game on the Eurosports channel - you won't get the US broadcast network channel. I'd guess unlikely you'll get the game.

Thanks for the quick response. That's what I was thinking.

I highly doubt they would keep a bar open for it, so your only chance would be they have it on the stateroom TV. Despite all the complaints by Americans of soccer being shown all the time, they do tend to err on the side of bigger US sporting events (which any night NFL game would qualify). A couple of years ago I was on a Med cruise where they were showing the one-day cricket championships (I think that's what it was :confused:) from the UK, and they pre-empted that in the middle of a match to put on NBA basketball.

That said, I probably wouldn't plan my day around being up at 2:30am to watch the game.

I highly doubt they would keep a bar open for it, so your only chance would be they have it on the stateroom TV. Despite all the complaints by Americans of soccer being shown all the time, they do tend to err on the side of bigger US sporting events (which any night NFL game would qualify). A couple of years ago I was on a Med cruise where they were showing the one-day cricket championships (I think that's what it was :confused:) from the UK, and they pre-empted that in the middle of a match to put on NBA basketball.

That said, I probably wouldn't plan my day around being up at 2:30am to watch the game.

Yes I think we will not plan the day around being up until 2:30 am. Maybe we are lucky with the Bundesliga soccer match of our local team from Cologne saturday afternoon. ;-)

Edited by Heni1805

It all depends on what the crew feels like piping in on the in cabin TV channels. They might show the game on the Eurosports channel - you won't get the US broadcast network channel. I'd guess unlikely you'll get the game.

Any game shown on the ship must be purchased for rebroadcast by one of the sports channels shown on the ship. It's not up to the crew. ESPN international generally has the US national broadcast football games so there is a very good chance the game will be broadcast on the ship.

There are no sports bars in the traditional sense where a US national football game would only be broadcast in that one venue. If it's broadcast by ESPN it will also be played on all cabin TVs as well.

Not sure if it would be the NFL channel or CBS sports rebroadcast.