Best credit card for earning Carnival points?

thedispatcher

I saw a thread a few days ago but it didn't really answer my question.... We put all of our bills on our discover card and earn nice cash back.. But I think points to travel would be more dollar for dollar... Does anyone earn points this way? If so what kind of card is best and how do you even find these deals?

There are an overwhelming amount of resources to look through, but it's quite difficult to see what is a deal and what is a scam.. So I'd much rather hear personal-real-people experience.

Are there cards out there that earn for "general" travel, no just CCL?

Thanks in advance!!

I used to have a Carnival credit card but I canceled it as soon as I realized that it was not the most effective way to earn points towards a cruise. I started using a regular credit card with cash back about a year ago, and by the time final payment rolls around for our May cruise, I should have earned enough cash back to pay off the entire final payment with it. Pretty nifty. [emoji2]

I also have a Royal Caribbean credit card which I stopped using as soon as I redeemed all of my points last summer. It took me almost 4 years to earn enough points to take the family on a 4 night Bahamas cruise. [emoji37]

Edited by Tapi

I saw a thread a few days ago but it didn't really answer my question.... We put all of our bills on our discover card and earn nice cash back.. But I think points to travel would be more dollar for dollar... Does anyone earn points this way? If so what kind of card is best and how do you even find these deals?

There are an overwhelming amount of resources to look through, but it's quite difficult to see what is a deal and what is a scam.. So I'd much rather hear personal-real-people experience.

Are there cards out there that earn for "general" travel, no just CCL?

Thanks in advance!!

We've had a Capitol One card for years. We earn points that can be used for many things, including refunding charges we've made. (Like cruises. :D) So far, we've had enough points for four free cruises, and will soon be able to cash in points to refund our fifth. Plus they have no foreign transaction fee so when we use our credit card in the Caribbean, we're not charged anything extra.

Our discover earns 1% on everything and every quarter has 2/3 sections to get 5% (amazon now)... But since we mostly pay bills and grocery/fuel on it.. We are earning like $6 a month.. Which is free money, but not great either.. Thinking of the discover miles card..

Does capital one charge a membership fee?

Stopped using our Carnival mc when we found out there were much better ones out there

Now we use a Sams M/c Where we get 5% for gas, 3% for all travel and 1% for everything else.

A little pricy when you dont pay the pill in full each month but we do and get a lot of money back each Feb.

Add 3% for dining also to that card.

Our discover earns 1% on everything and every quarter has 2/3 sections to get 5% (amazon now)... But since we mostly pay bills and grocery/fuel on it.. We are earning like $6 a month.. Which is free money, but not great either.. Thinking of the discover miles card..

Does capital one charge a membership fee?

Ours does not.

We charge EVERYTHING. I had to buy four spiral notebooks for a class-they were 15 cents each. I charged the 60 cents. We do pay off our bill every month so we pay no interest.

Amex preferred cash card is awesome !! 6 % at grocery stores (including gift cards like visa or Carnival cards) 3% on gas and 1% everything else.If one is creative like myself you can use visa gift cards and pay most of your household bills and get 6% back.For example I buy a $500 visa card for $506 with fees and pay that entire card on my electric bill ( with a credit for a month or two) and get $30 cash back.You would be surprised how much cash you can have by the end if the year just paying bills and paying your balance in full😀