Infinity "Solticization" and the art of unintended consequences...

Atreidai

Well never let it be said that the Cruise Critic Community is not an attentive one! I have to say I am genuinely impressed with all the various replies I have read to this, my 3rd or fourth post!

It is comforting that folks have had great experiences dining at the various venues on Celebrity ships. I suppose I should say that the comment "75% of why we booked" really was true! I knew a cruise was going to be a relaxing fun "get away" (our phones wont work and if we don't buy the internet package I cant even check my e-mail!) and that is certainly what was wanted. I chose the Infinity sailing because it was a smaller M-class ship (and they have gotten consistently great reviews here, as most of the "smaller" ships have) and while my IDEAL dining venu would have been the SS Normandie on Summit, we weren't keen on adding the minute complication of having to travel to San Juan for our first ever cruise (it seemed safer to go with a very busy, very "ho hum" US port like Ft Lauderdale since it had a better chance of being "noob" friendly) And while I am certain that I could have managed San Juan as a departure port, it just fell out that this particular cruise on the Infinity wove well into our other plans.

The elegance of these smaller dining venues is something that appealed to me from the moment I looked over the Celebrity website for the first time, and it continued to have a large effect on the trip planning. I wanted a place where we could get a multi-coursed dinner each night, that focused on things that I knew we would both enjoy. While I will now have these dinners at Tuscan and Qsine, the SS US, or Normandie (if it were possible) would have been more "ideal"

The larger issue here is the really quire casual approach Celebrity has taken towards our disappointment, with no "real " attempts to work out anything different. I get the sense that "You paid your money , and we will get you on a boat, stop whinging!" is what they would prefer to say to me, and I feel like I might be entitles to a little more than that as a response.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I am certain my wife and I will have a great time, and we have promised that we would give it an honest once over after we were done before we decide to take our business elsewhere. or not.

Cheers!

Derek

Weddings and honeymoons are big life events. In the big picture the thing you most worried about sometimes is barely remembered years from now. Try to let this go so the unexpected fun and delights can find a way to you.

Several times I stressed over a certain port I just had to get to. And it turned out the port that barely registered was one of my favorites.

Go ahead and dare to enjoy. And rest assured you are not getting any worse treatment for your disappointment than anyone else. Somewhere along the line they decided to do this, and that is that. A casual approach is normal in cruising, on any line. They would have to give compensation to thousands of people for changing a restaurant otherwise.

Congratulations..let all the attention you have on this transfer to loving your new life. I know you wanted a perfect honeymoon, it still can be so.

Weddings and honeymoons are big life events. In the big picture the thing you most worried about sometimes is barely remembered years from now. Try to let this go so the unexpected fun and delights can find a way to you.

Several times I stressed over a certain port I just had to get to. And it turned out the port that barely registered was one of my favorites.

Go ahead and dare to enjoy. And rest assured you are not getting any worse treatment for your disappointment than anyone else. Somewhere along the line they decided to do this, and that is that. A casual approach is normal in cruising, on any line. They would have to give compensation to thousands of people for changing a restaurant otherwise.

Congratulations..let all the attention you have on this transfer to loving your new life. I know you wanted a perfect honeymoon, it still can be so.

Well put.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

At least you'll still get food and save money by not going to SSUS every night. They changed the Captains' Club a week before my sailing that I booked CC for in order to get "Select" and came short by 3 days under the new system. :(