Is the Breeze REALLY That Bad?!?

dr11743

Hi, everyone! I want to thank all of you who took time to write in a respectful manner. We don't have kids and we're fairly young, but still enjoy the peace and quiet by the pool on the Serenity Deck.

You have all eased my mind and we can't wait for February 27!!:D

Enjoy! The Breeze is a beautiful ship and I loved every minute of it. Great staff, amazing food and the Spa is the best!!

Sailed the Breeze last year, just two complaints. First, the dining room food was nothing to write home about, service on the other hand was exceptional. Second, Wee Jimmy, he was an annoying cruise director that tried too hard to be funny. Agree with some of the other posts, the pools are small for the size of the ship. However, there are plenty of spaces to hang out or enjoy throughout the day, pools were never an issue. You'll enjoy her, highly recommend the steak house and sushi restaurants. Have a great cruise and don't let negative reviews prevent you from creating wonderful memories.

Edited by Mr305

It's worse than bad. After my Breeze cruise in Jan 2014, I booked the Breeze again for Feb 2015. A few months ago I decided to book again on the Breeze for Nov 2015. I hate the Breeze. Terrible Ship. Stay away. :p

Hi All! We've been reading over the most recent review for the Breeze and I'm getting a littler nervous :confused:. The reviews have gone way downhill since we first reserved our spot back in April. We are currently booked on the Breeze on Feb 27, 8 Day Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, and DR. BUT, the new reviews are going downhill.

We have just found an alternative 8 Day on the Sunshine that goes to St. Maarten, Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Kitts.

Anyone been on both boats and have an opinion, or love one set of ports better than the other? We sailed the Liberty in February 2015 and loved it, so I'm fearful of being disappointed this go-round. Thanks!!

We have sailed the Breeze 4 times in the last two years (that's how much we love this ship!) The latest was a Sept 26th cruise and we found the ship, staff and food to be every bit as good as when we first sailed her in March of 2014

As you can see from our signature we are experienced Carnival cruisers and the Breeze is our favorite ship with Carnival. We will be sailing her again in January before she leaves Florida. We are very sad about her move because we won't be able to sail her again. We will miss her! Cindy

We sailed the Breeze for the first time this past March for Spring Break. We will be on the Breeze again for Spring Break in March 2016. This is the first ship that we have been on (Disney Dream, Norwegian Getaway are our past ships with the kids) that we have all been excited about repeating. You will love it.

I`m not sure who are the ones posting negative reviews about the Breeze, but I can say having cruised on the Breeze twice she is my favorite ship to cruise on so far.:)

I haven`t cruised on the Sunshine as yet so can`t comment on that, but I`m booked on the Febuary 21, 2016 Journey cruise.;)

Hi, everyone! I want to thank all of you who took time to write in a respectful manner. We don't have kids and we're fairly young, but still enjoy the peace and quiet by the pool on the Serenity Deck.

You have all eased my mind and we can't wait for February 27!!:D

Hi! I know your mind has already been eased by all these repeat cruisers...just wanted to ease it again as I'll be on the Breeze a second time as well on November 7th. She really is that awesome!

Just off the Breeze last Saturday. I LOVE this ship. Love the layout, nothing is ever too crowded other than the Dive in Movies. Love hanging out in the Deck 5 Lanai area. The cruise director Matt Mitchum is one of the best we have ever had. Very involved with guest experience. He is going to the Vista and was awarded cruise director of the year. He really was great. I loved the playlist production shows. The entertainers were "FUN" to watch!! Very easy on the eyes.

The staff was so so so so so friendly. Everywhere. Had great service.

I have not cruised on the Sunshine so I cannot compare to that. But I would not hesitate to cruise the Breeze again. In fact Im going on her again when she moves to Galveston.

• 3 months later...

99% of the reviews I have read all over the internet are good. there are some people no matter what you do will always be unhappy with everything. I have learned to ignore those over the years and enjoy myself My wife and I have never had a bad experience with any of our vacations

I am in the same situation. I am booked for the Dec 5th, 2015 sailing and I have been reading the reviews for the past 5 months on Cruise Critic and watched them slowly progress to a decline in ratings... So much so that it is troubling. It seems the people who have had more cruising experience tend to hate her and those who have had less experience with which to compare her either love her or say she is just okay.

On the other hand, I have been looking at some other review apps and the reviews have been more positive than negative for the Breeze. I am locked into this cruise and I am sure I will like it as it will be my FIRST cruise ever!:D But I am also going into with the mindset that it is what you make of it. This is the most expensive vacation I've taken and technically the first and only MAJOR vacation since landing my first permanent job after college with paid vacation and such, so there are certain things that would cause me to be disappointed, but honestly I am super excited and am going to make the most of it!:cool: I booked a cove balcony so I know it is going to set the standard for potential future cruises (maybe a mistake! eek!)

Here is my two cents, reviews are awesome and I LOVE reading them. But that is what happened on their cruise, not yours. You have exactly the right mindset going in, it is what you make of it. If you go in looking for the little things to go wrong, you're going to find them...not just on a cruise but on any vacation. If you go in with a positive mindset and if something small does happen, let it roll off your back and you will have an amazing vacation.

I agree with skiddawg79 enjoy your cruise and have lots of fun don't go looking for trouble as long as we go in with great attitude the staff will pick up on it if we go in with bad attitude the people around us will soon be following suit I too love the reviews but it never influences my attitude and fun remember a happy face will cause smile around you too a frown will do the opposite

I too love reading the reviews of any ship I'm going to be going on, but that's it, I just read them and don't let them influence my experience. We almost always cruise during a spring break time period and it has never bothered us. I find my own spot in the sun and avoid the pool area where I know the kids will be hanging out. Most of the time we don't even know there are a lot of spring breakers aboard. It is truly what you make of it.

We sailed on her a few years back, the ship and it's amenities were great. I will say this though that sailing had the absolute worst MDR service we have ever had in 10+ sailings with Carnival. I hope that was just a bad sailing, but it was BAD....... slow service, cold food, waiters with attitudes, just a bad experience.

We have been on the Breeze 3 times and love her! My husband love to make crazy videos from our sailings, so if you want to see what life is like on board check it out.

Breeze Christmas 2015

Breeze New Years Eve 2014-15

Breeze New Years 2012-13