Vista Havana booking ?

lbendick

I know that ours for 4/8/17 is sold out for the Havana area. We got the last cabana. I have seen one occasionally open up and be scooped right up. I feel pretty lucky that we got one and crazy that it was nearly 2 years before the sailing that they sold out.

Keep checking daily for the dates you're interested in.

Good luck!

Yes! They are pretty much sold out for all the sailings that are bookable at this time. There are so few of them that they get booked as soon as one is released. I booked my Havana Cabana in Feb. (for a Jan. 28 2017 sailing) and they have completely sold out. There was one that was re-opened and when I went in to book it for a fellow cruiser..., GONE!

I've been trying to price a Havana cabin for a 2017 sailing . I have tried numerous differant dates could they all really be sold out.

Unfortunately...they really could be all sold out.

I tried to get a cabana for our January 2017 cruise. I priced one out, waited for my husband to get out of his meeting since it was a lot more money, and by the time I could book the cabana it was gone. It was the last one. I am still kicking myself. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, done it differently. But I have been trying since to book one and I can't.

I don't think all of the major cruise lines realize just how desperate people are to find a place that is not crowded and over run with kids! As soon as I could I booked a Havana Cabana Suite for my DH's 60 birthday cruise. The other 3 were gone in a flash. When I have looked at other Caribbean sailings, Havana Cabana cabins in all shapes and sizes are impossible to get. I think I saw a couple of interior cabins for an April 2017 sailing. European sailings still have some. Of course when final payment due dates come and go I expect some will open up.

But back to my comment about space. In the Caribbean, there are too many ships that have crowded too many people on board, and the end result is that deck chairs, pool space, etc are difficult to get unless you are topside at 6 am. On Princess the Sanctuary sells out within an hour even at $40 pp a day. NCL charges an arm and a leg for Haven suites, but they sell out quickly.

When I booked my Havana Cabin only those aft cabins on deck 5 were considered "Havana" Now that they have added cabins from decks 6, 7 & 8 I don't think the Havana pool area will be what I thought it would be when I originally booked, but I reserve judgment until the first reviews start coming in.

Any Idea what pricing will be for summer 2017?

Looking at early June 2017 2 rooms for 2 people each 1 with a balcony and one interior.

Do you think the 2 rooms will come in under 7k or over? I know nothing is set until Carnival releases their sail dates.

Just a ballpark to see if its worth it.

Looking at early June 2017 2 rooms for 2 people each 1 with a balcony and one interior.

Do you think the 2 rooms will come in under 7k or over? I know nothing is set until Carnival releases their sail dates.

Me too. I took a look at Spring Break prices and thought they'd be comparable. I was looking at cabanas for 4 (2 rooms) of us; so they were around 2000 pp

I've been trying to price a Havana cabin for a 2017 sailing . I have tried numerous differant dates could they all really be sold out.

You didn't specify what type of cabin (though many people have assumed a cabana (balcony)) but there are several Havana Inside cabins available on my 25 Mar 17 sailing.

Edited by Who Cares?

• 4 weeks later...
You didn't specify what type of cabin (though many people have assumed a cabana (balcony)) but there are several Havana Inside cabins available on my 25 Mar 17 sailing.

I'm trying to figure out what cabins I'm looking at in the artist's renderings - there's aft facing cabins that appear to be one deck above the Havana Pool in sort of a semi-circular shape - what deck and cabin numbers are those??

I'm trying to figure out what cabins I'm looking at in the artist's renderings - there's aft facing cabins that appear to be one deck above the Havana Pool in sort of a semi-circular shape - what deck and cabin numbers are those??

Those are deck 6 HM Havana wrap-around cabins. They are also available on deck 7.

Given that there are so few, I would think they wold sell quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

They are open now! Just booked June 3

• 3 weeks later...

We are booking vista from Athens in June, have a major dilemma about the Havana area, like the idea mod having s separate limited access area as I'm sure the cruise will be full but looking at the aft balconies worried it might be quite noisey from the bar etc below, I guess we have no way of knowing??! Looking at cabana but then we are bit worried about people walking past our window all day and night?! Aggghhhh don't know what to do!!! Maybe we should just go for a standard balcony!!

We are booking vista from Athens in June, have a major dilemma about the Havana area, like the idea mod having s separate limited access area as I'm sure the cruise will be full but looking at the aft balconies worried it might be quite noisey from the bar etc below, I guess we have no way of knowing??! Looking at cabana but then we are bit worried about people walking past our window all day and night?! Aggghhhh don't know what to do!!! Maybe we should just go for a standard balcony!!

Is there a Havana cabana even still open for this sailing? My understanding was that most were sold out.

When I first booked my May cruise the Havana cabins sold out in the blink of an eye. For grins, I went online to do a mock booking to see what was still available and now that is the only category with a lot of empty cabins. I think people are put off by the walkway in front of their "balcony" which is not a balcony but more of a little outdoor space. And on a port intensive cruise it is a bit of a moot point to have exclusive access to the pool since most people will not remain on board the ship.

If you really want one, keep checking.

Yeh, there are still cabanas and also Havana aft view available.....not sure what to go for...

I'm very excited about mine in June of 17...but I've cruised the Med a few times and I barely remember the ships...not sure the cabin use is the same in Europe where you are cruising for the ports. I think a regular balcony for the views...hard to beat those views in the Med. my two cents

They also have inside cabins in the Havana area so you won't have to worry about possible noise issues.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the 6 day cruise on March 19 , 2017 two nights ago. At that time we had a choice of 4 HC's. We been to all three ports many times, but I really wanted to be on the Vista and in a Havana Cabana! :)

Edited by lablover61