Just off sunshine

paradise825

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday. I didn't have an issue with the ship, even with my room flooding, as I did with the staff. The CD Jamie IMO is awful. She is more worried about performing herself than her guests having fun. To me there was not enough going on. And where was all the staff that you usually see cleaning? I was in the buffet and looked at the windowsill and it looked like crumbs from at least a month.

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday. I didn't have an issue with the ship, even with my room flooding, as I did with the staff. The CD Jamie IMO is awful. She is more worried about performing herself than her guests having fun. To me there was not enough going on. And where was all the staff that you usually see cleaning? I was in the buffet and looked at the windowsill and it looked like crumbs from at least a month.

Sorry you did not enjoy your cruise. Jamie is actually one of the higher rated CD's, most love her. On our sailing we saw staff cleaning all over the place....go figure:eek: How does one distinguish the age of crumbs to be a month old?:confused:

The most common concerns I have read regarding the Sunshine are crowding on the lido deck (show me a Carnival ship that doesn't have this!) and poor seating in the lounge used for the comedy shows (not really an issue for us, may or may not go).

But what has me excited for this ship are the variety of dining options as we love having a lot of variety! I believe Sunshine has more dining venues than any other ship in the fleet. So for this we are very excited!

You hit the nail on the head. No ship is perfect for everyone. No ship is perfect for anyone, for that matter.

We just got off the Sunshine. For us, while it was beautiful, and the food was great, the dining venues were fabulous.......it just wasn't what we want.

The Limelight Lounge was filled an hour (it really was an hour) before show time as was the Liquid Lounge. They are just too small. That seems to be the heart of the problem, if you consider it a problem; too many things to do in places that are too small accommodate all that wished to enjoy. That seems to be our biggest let down.

We had a 8M cabin. It was smaller than any other that we have cruised in. Bed was great but we felt cramped for space. No night stands next to the beds. Not a big deal, but you have to improvise. Bathrooms were tiny

I really liked the Sunshine for many reasons; the food, the decor and perhaps most of all, the crew. But we probably wont sail her again. There are other choices that we prefer. Nothing wrong with that.

We cruised on the Sunshine in July and loved it! We are a family of 4 with 2 girls (15 & 12). I was concerned initially that the ship would be too crowded, but honestly never felt any more crowded than other ships. The Lido dining actually flowed pretty well. Some activities we had to get there early to find good seats, but we just planned for it and brought a book to read while we waited.

We have always tried to cruise on a new ship every time, as you can see in my signature. The Sunshine is the first we enjoyed enough to repeat. We're excited to cruise her again in March! It's also our Platinum cruise!