Anyone use My Hotel Gift Card for pre-cruise?

wantocruisemore

Did you have any luck getting a Carnival card? I bought a RCL card without reading the fine print and realized it had to be used on a new booking. Verizon had terrible customer service and would not let me return it for a refund. I guess lesson learned on reading fine print.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up two of those hotel gift cards and I'm sorry to say that they are not a good deal. I gave them away. You could do much better with an AARP discount or even booking direct or through just about any other internet booking site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have any luck getting a Carnival card? I bought a RCL card without reading the fine print and realized it had to be used on a new booking. Verizon had terrible customer service and would not let me return it for a refund. I guess lesson learned on reading fine print.

I bought 2 Carnival cards. I used one for my final payment and will use one on board. I understand that RCL cards can only be used to purchase a cruise. It took a couple of weeks to get my card in the mail, so that would take strategic planning.

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't waste your money or time with these cards. I saw them on aarp.com under the rewards deals. I looked into it, and you can only use (1) 50 dollar card per reservation, and the prices are ridiculously over inflated. You are better off using priceline or booking direct.