Disembarkation in Barbados - What to do

The Wilkies

Hello

We are disembarking in Barbados with a late afternoon flight to the UK.

The question is, does P & O organise anything for those people who have not booked a tour or would you advise us to book a tour which ends at the airport?

Many thanks.

Hello

We are disembarking in Barbados with a late afternoon flight to the UK.

The question is, does P & O organise anything for those people who have not booked a tour or would you advise us to book a tour which ends at the airport?

Many thanks.

You don't have to disembark until they let you know the coaches are ready to take you to the airport. It's all coordinated very well and if your flight has a delay they don't take you to the airport and dump you there. You can leave hand luggage in the theatre. You could wander into town before if you wish or just enjoy the ship. I wouldn't want to do a trip in case things changed with the flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

You don't have to disembark until they let you know the coaches are ready to take you to the airport. It's all coordinated very well and if your flight has a delay they don't take you to the airport and dump you there. You can leave hand luggage in the theatre. You could wander into town before if you wish or just enjoy the ship. I wouldn't want to do a trip in case things changed with the flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevin

That's great news thank you.

Gillian

We go to the beach in the morning, return to the ship and change and go for our last lunch in the MDR before leaving the ship, usually around 2:30 for a 7pm flight.

Thank you. Our flight is at 5.30 so should be able to have early lunch.

Edited by The Wilkies

We leave our hand luggage in the secure store on board then walk along the waterfront into town - it's a pleasant walk to the Caarenage. We like to have a drink on the terrace of the Bridge Hotel situated on the right just over the pedestrian the bridge and overlooking the river. It's a leisurely morning, lunch back on the ship then transfer to the airport. I doubt your transfer will be before 2pm.

As I mention in another thread, I would highly recommend one of the farewell to Barbados excursions. We did the farewell to Babados and Crane resort. It was like adding another day to the holiday rather than just waiting around to disembark. Lunch included and taken straight to airport for our flight. As I mentioned on other thread, if you only book one ships excursion, then let it be the farewell to Barbados. You won't regret it

Just wondering, if we book the lounge at Barbados airport how do we get to the airport earlier. Last time the coach picked us up from the ship and virtually straight to the plane. Will we have to get a cab?

We spend the last day early check out at passport control on the ship, leisurely breakfast in the MDR, check out of the room, hand luggage to the theatre, then a quick trip to the town or the shops at the port then back on board to catch the last of the rays when the ship is nice and quite, early lunch with a quick wash and brush up and are usually picked up around 2 -3.

We did the farewell to Barbados trip once and had a long wait at the airport because the flight in was delayed, if we had stayed on ship we would have had another 2/3 hours of holiday and not spent it in the airport which is not the best of airports.

But do as you feel is best and I am sure you will enjoy your last day.

We spend the last day early check out at passport control on the ship, leisurely breakfast in the MDR, check out of the room, hand luggage to the theatre, then a quick trip to the town or the shops at the port then back on board to catch the last of the rays when the ship is nice and quite, early lunch with a quick wash and brush up and are usually picked up around 2 -3.

We did the farewell to Barbados trip once and had a long wait at the airport because the flight in was delayed, if we had stayed on ship we would have had another 2/3 hours of holiday and not spent it in the airport which is not the best of airports.

But do as you feel is best and I am sure you will enjoy your last day.

I was considering doing the farewell tour but this is one of the reasons why I decided against it, if flight is delayed you stay on the ship and not stuck in the airport

We used to book the airport lounge and sometimes we were there a good two hours and then on some occasions half an hour so we now just turn up if we have over an hour to wait, my husband has a pass with the bank but has to pay for me. If you manage to get on the first few buses leaving the ship no probs but there can sometimes be a back log through security at the airport, so the bus drivers get messages to pull over at the lay bys close to the airport then signalled when 'all clear...ish!'

We book a day cabin on our last day for about £40/£60.....we leave our hand luggage and travel clothes there and if we don't have to disembark until 3 or after we go to the beach, otherwise we just have a look around port and then back to ship for last bit of sun. If the day cabins is something you would be interested in they are advertised in the Horizon magazine during 2nd wk of cruise.

Ok Thank you that is quite early then.

I know it's a pain but they build in contingency time - last year it was really pouring with rain and caused traffic delays.

On our last morning, we go over to the port shopping for a wander and wifi and there's an outside bar for a last couple of beers.

You can leave your hand luggage in the theatre (or one of the lounges) - they give you a cloakroom ticket for it and it's secure.

Make sure you get an early lunch before you leave.

Edited by jaceyar