Houston Port Hotel - Need Advice

ShipsAhoy425

We are sailing out of the Houston port in March and are looking for advice on a hotel. We are driving down, and parking at the port, so it doesn't matter about parking or transfers or anything, but we can't figure out if we should stay near downtown, Kemah, Galveston or what. What do you like or what have you used that you would suggest? It's a HUGE area to cover having never stayed there it's a little overwhelming!

What do you like to do? How many people are in your party? Ages?

I have only been to IAH and downtown Houston myself, but I have found *so many* options for the days before and after my upcoming January Jade cruise. I bet the locals and the frequent cruisers could give you some really great suggestions with a little more guidance.

Very near to Bayport is the Seabrook Best Western Suites Plus. Stayed there in April and staying again in December. Hot breakfast, outdoor pool, close and I mean CLOSE to port, easy to get to from major highways. Nice staff, quite, near a gas station for snacks, and Subway within walking distance. Not Super 8 prices but I was happy.

http://bwseabrooksuites.com/

What do you like to do? How many people are in your party? Ages?

It's only DH and myself. We had looked up some stuff about the Kemah Boardwalk, so we may go check that out, or the Aquarium Restaurant downtown (or possibly anything else that sounds interesting!)

I have added the BW Seabrook to my list to compare, thank you!

It's only DH and myself. We had looked up some stuff about the Kemah Boardwalk, so we may go check that out, or the Aquarium Restaurant downtown (or possibly anything else that sounds interesting!)

I have added the BW Seabrook to my list to compare, thank you!

We stayed at the Best Western Seabrook last April and plan to stay again next April. The receptionists are friendly, the rooms are spacious, the complimentary breakfast is awesome, and the room price includes shuttle to the port. The only drawback is there are no nearby restaurants and none in the motel. So you have to depend on their free 'within 5 miles' van or nicrowavable goodies from vending.

We have sailed out of Galveston a couple of times as we are driving from our home state of Missouri. We stay in hotels located in south Houston as the rates are more affordable than in Galveston. It is a 45 minute drive to the port. We park in Galveston Park N Cruise and within walking distance of the port.

We have sailed out of Galveston a couple of times as we are driving from our home state of Missouri. We stay in hotels located in south Houston as the rates are more affordable than in Galveston. It is a 45 minute drive to the port. We park in Galveston Park N Cruise and within walking distance of the port.

This thread is talking about the terminal in BAYPORT, not the one in Galveston.

I know that the OP only made reference to the Houston port, but those of us who do not turn off signatures can see that OP will be sailing on Princess which sails from Bayport.

Edited by NMLady

A lot depends on if you want some things to see and do in the area, or if you are just wanting a place to stay for the evening before the cruise with enough stuff around it to stretch your legs and kill a couple of hours. If the latter I suggest one of the hotels near the Kemah boardwalk, there are several dining options at or very near the boardwalk, 2 or 3 hotels within easy walking distance (one on site, 2 or 3 within a 5 minute walk). Most of the hotel options in Kemah or Seabrook are good, just depends on how nice you are looking for. Note the better dining options are away from the boardwalk itself (the boardwalk is a commercial enterprise and all the dining there are major chains (Landry's ,Buba Gump, etc.) If you want local try T-Bone Toms steakhouse, Tookies Burgers (across the bridge in Seabrook near the light at NASA rd 1)

We stayed at the Best Western Seabrook last April and plan to stay again next April. The receptionists are friendly, the rooms are spacious, the complimentary breakfast is awesome, and the room price includes shuttle to the port. The only drawback is there are no nearby restaurants and none in the motel. So you have to depend on their free 'within 5 miles' van or nicrowavable goodies from vending.

Anyone know if BW Seabrook checks to see if you have AAA/CAA if you book with those rates?

Thanks for this info. I'm looking to book through Jade and have never been to Texas so I'm lost. I'd love to find a hotel with shuttles as we will be flying in. It would also be nice to have food options. We also like to grab some 12 packs for the trip.

We are sailing out of the Houston port in March and are looking for advice on a hotel. We are driving down, and parking at the port, so it doesn't matter about parking or transfers or anything, but we can't figure out if we should stay near downtown, Kemah, Galveston or what. What do you like or what have you used that you would suggest? It's a HUGE area to cover having never stayed there it's a little overwhelming!

It also depends as to when in March. Why? It is Spring Break here in Texas and Kemah may be a bit congested.