Do people actually pay full price for suites?

Thread is about if people actually book these suites at full price. Someone posts confirming that they do. You folow with a comment about hoping they got a good deal. Sounds green to me. Okk?

Yeah...and? lol It is called having a sense of humor...do you know what that is?

Friends of ours just embarked for an 18 night Silversea cruise to Antarctica. It might be all suites. I know it is all inclusive before and during the cruise, because it includes a tour to Iguazú falls and Rio before they set sail. app. $46,000. I am very happy for them. I am sure it will be a fabulous trip. :)

But my car is a 1998 Camry, and I sort of need a newer car. :D:):D That sort of cruising is probably out of our price range, probably now and even in the future. Oh well...:)

While that makes logical sense, as we, too, dream of the day that we can sail on those small luxury ships- I also am reminded that I'm not the greatest sailor.

It's quite possible that the small ships are just too uncomfortable to enjoy. They do move a lot more than any of the massive ships.

Heck, I've dreamed of doing one of the sailing cruises, but I know that I may not enjoy a minute of it due to sea sickness.

They are not that bad. Azamara did not bother me at all, though we were not in any rough weather either time. My mother loves Oceania and I am going with her next. Keep looking at suites but they just seem so overpriced on RCCL. But as everyone says, it is all in your perspective.

That's crazy!

I've dreamed of sailing in an Aqua Theater Suite one day. Every time I price it I just can't do it. We could afford the price being asked on our Harmony sailing, but I honestly don't see the value for us. We don't even care about having a balcony on a regular cruise, but the Aqua Theater suite does have it's unique appeal. We like Promenade & Oceanview rooms better. Plus we like to save money so we can vacation frequently!

Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean they are willing to pay for it. So I, too, wonder who in the world is buying up those heavy price tag rooms!

Those that can afford the Price tag and are willing to pay the Price for it.

Not my cup of tea. My limit is around 8 hours

It all depends on "accomodation" on the plane. My Limits on flight times vary with travel class and the Kind of seat I can get, as even the same travel class can vary greatly between Airlines and sometimes within Airlines depending on the aircarft type.

My Limit on cramped economy is less than 8 hours, but I can tell you I have once flown SYD to DXB in a first Suite on an EK A380. I could have easily spent 24 hours on that plane, let alone one of those Residences.

A comfy seet, a comfy bed, a bar to entertain you and a shower to refresh you after some good nights sleep really help to make a 12+ hour flight much more enjoyable than some 45 min. flights.:cool: