NCL site allowing me to apply promo codes to inside cabin. Is this a flaw?

flapbreaker

I was messing around on the NCL site with the Promo Codes and although the UBP is not supposed to work for an inside cabin it does let me apply it. Is this a flaw and do you think they would honor it? By the way, the cruise I was looking at is not until August 2016.

Promos apply for all categories for sailings on or after May 1, 2016.

This is what their website say's in regards to the UBP... "Ultimate Beverage Package:

Available for all stateroom categories on sailings through April 2016; and for Balcony category and higher for all sailings beyond April 2016

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation."

http://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/waveoct15?&cheetahid=AAAAAA&cid=EM_MKD_NA_PRO_EML_tc_EML_CHOSP15_OFSC102015_NA

When I select the inside cabin the "right panel" with all the good stuff gets greyed out but I can manually type in the UBP promo code and it accepts it. Again, this is for an August 2016 cruise, inside stateroom.

Promos apply for all categories for sailings on or after May 1, 2016.

Are you referring to UBP. We are booked on a Panama Canal Cruise next October and I would happily rebook to get the UBP, its a great deal if you enjoy a few drinks, and who doesn't on holiday.

They have been making a big deal about now offering promos on ALL cabins. Before they excluded inside cabins and studios. So you will get your promo don't worry.

Where are you getting that info from? Perhaps you would share. NCL Web site clearly says on cruises AFTER May 1st the promos are soda package, internet, shorex credit or dining. Not Ultimate Beverage Package

This is what their website say's in regards to the UBP... "Ultimate Beverage Package:

Available for all stateroom categories on sailings through April 2016; and for Balcony category and higher for all sailings beyond April 2016

http://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/waveoct15?&cheetahid=AAAAAA&cid=EM_MKD_NA_PRO_EML_tc_EML_CHOSP15_OFSC102015_NA

When I select the inside cabin the "right panel" with all the good stuff gets greyed out but I can manually type in the UBP promo code and it accepts it. Again, this is for an August 2016 cruise, inside stateroom.

Did you finalise that booking?

I tried it too, selected CHOB but when I got further into the booking it showed Shorex credit on the right ( which I did not select). It. Would also show the Service Charge of 18% if UBP applied.

They have been making a big deal about now offering promos on ALL cabins. Before they excluded inside cabins and studios. So you will get your promo don't worry.
As others have said, the current promo offers enhanced perks like UBP for insides, studios, and oceanviews, but only for sailings through April 2016. That is what the promo T&Cs say, and that is all you can expect to get.

If you do a mock booking for beyond April 2016, the website lists the perks correctly, with studios/insides/oceanview on one side, and balconies/mini-suites on the other, and you are supposed to enter your chosen promo code from the appropriate side (the other side is greyed out). But if you choose a code from the wrong side, the system still accepts it. That is obviously a programming flaw, and not a clever way of getting a perk that they never offered you.

You're right, I misread it.