Which is Better?

EmilyAnn86

I haven't read all the postings, and I believe I have been to all those places, but the last place was Half Moon Cay, and it is really nice.:) It would have been nice if we could have stayed longer, but my friend was from Arizona, and couldn't take the heat (I'm from Missouri, so it doesn't bother me), so we went back to the ship. I'm just glad we did what we did. I got some beautiful pictures there.

We live 30 minutes from Charleston and the Fantasy and have been on her twice. We usually get dropped off at the port so it's not as much of a hassle as cruisers that drive to Charleston and park. All in all, the process to board isn't that bad.

We sailed out of Jacksonville once and we drove down the same day we sailed. It was no problem.

HMC is a private island where you are tendered. It has limited excursions, not like going to a port by a city (Freeport, Nassau). They have a gift shop and a cafeteria where ship employees cook and serve hamburgers, salads etc. They also have a nice bar and ship wait staff serve the beach area.

Note, the Cheers program doesn't work on the island.:(

We have been to Nassau many times and always have a great time. Any port will be what you make it of it. Have fun.

Both ships are the same class and are terrific.

It's up to you as to whether you want to drive the extra couple of hours.

Either cruise, you'll be out to sea and having the best time making memories.

Happy cruising.