Embark time at Red Hook -- firm?

mainewoods

My e-tickets have my embarking time at Red Hook (I assume, but the tickets actually say terminal 'to be confirmed') at 15:15, but due to travel arrangements, I'll be arriving before noon (possibly earlier).

Will I be allowed to get in line to check in? I remember always being able to walk up to the desk, check in, given a type of boarding card (I think), and waited in the waiting room till called. But isn't there a different method for priority check in of some sort (which I know is not me)? It's been about three years since I've boarded her.

What would be the process of checking in for this situation? I'm only a gold member, and I'm not in the Grills (so no priority for me).

Just turn up as and when, no one will turn you away. Cunard (and other cruise lines) often state these embarkation times to enable a staggered check-in and boarding procedure.

Cunard are well aware, that some of their guest's may have to rely on public transport e.g. Air lines, buses or trains, and often cannot be tied down to the 'exact times' as suggested .

Thank you for the information.

I often wondered why they even post an embark time for the very reason stated above (public transport, hotel checkout times, etc.) I wonder why they don't just put on the ticket the 'no later than' time? I would assume that the only passengers that can be more flexible with their time are those that live in the area, or who are driving in.

Well, I shall sit and happily people-watch if I'm too early.

if ya arrive too early they make you help with the ropes docking the ship or clean out the boilers:D.....i think you will be fine around noonish. if its your first time on the ship grab a cup of coffee and start exploring.....you will look like an old cunard salt to others;)check in for us has always been chance....some times fast and some times a little slow.slow gives you a chance to do people watching sport in line and meet others:)