Harmony of the seas

kcms4

Hi does any one know yet what show will be on?

They are having meetings now with Ken Rush discussing the Broadway show and other entertainment that will be shown. When I called RCCL last week they told me we will have to wait a couple of months for it to be announced.

Rumor has it it's going to be Phantom of the Opera. (Possibly the abbreviated Vegas version...)

I hope not, I am doing a B2B in February 2017 and hope it is something a little more upbeat perhaps Jersey Boys? Phantom is a great musical but not sure it will work on a cruise ship of mostly families with young kids.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope not, I am doing a B2B in February 2017 and hope it is something a little more upbeat perhaps Jersey Boys? Phantom is a great musical but not sure it will work on a cruise ship of mostly families with young kids.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jersey Boys is good for young kids? I don't think so.

I am interested to know. I like the idea of Broadway shows onboard, but they definitely need to be the abbreviated versions. I see a lot of reports of people leaving CATS at the intermission. The length of that show is just too much for a cruise. People are being pulled in many directions and probably feel like dedicating that much time in one evening might take away from other activities they are interested in.

I definitely think upbeat shows are more widely palatable for the mix of guests on cruises.

I am interested to know. I like the idea of Broadway shows onboard, but they definitely need to be the abbreviated versions. I see a lot of reports of people leaving CATS at the intermission. The length of that show is just too much for a cruise.

I definitely think upbeat shows are more widely palatable for the mix of guests on cruises.

Maybe CATS is just boring; I agree upbeat is good. I guess in retrospect maybe Saturday night fever wasn't really good for kids either-- just "jazzy". And jersey boys was one of my favorite ACTUAL Broadway shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Both???

bad link

I know Grease was announced but what is that other?

The article says "In addition, Grease will also be presented alongside “COLUMBUS The Musical

Marvin Columbus is the very, very, very, very, very distant relative of Christopher and spent his entire life ‘neath Chris’ shadow. Marvin’s disappointed nobleman father, sends him on a voyage to find his destiny. Storms, pirates, and even flying sharks – all lead Marvin to his greatest discovery; himself. Romance, adventure, and ‘happy ever after’ are on the map, as Marvin Columbus finally finds his destiny."

Both???

bad link

I know Grease was announced but what is that other?

Sorry!

Here is the info:

Royal Caribbean will add Broadway show "Grease" to Harmony of the Seas

Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas cruise ship will offer guests the opportunity to see the Broadway show, "Grease."

Royal Caribbean Productions web site listed Grease as a show it is holding auditions for, thus confirming which Broadway show guests can enjoy onboard this new ship.

Royal Caribbean has been lead the way in the cruise industry by bringing Broadway shows to its ships. Five other major Broadway musicals have debuted on Royal Caribbean ships since 2009: Hairspray, Chicago: The Musical, Saturday Night Fever , CATS & MAMMA MIA!.

Grease is a 1971 musical by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey with additional songs written by John Farrar.

In addition, Grease will also be presented alongside “COLUMBUS The Musical.”

Marvin Columbus is the very, very, very, very, very distant relative of Christopher and spent his entire life ‘neath Chris’ shadow. Marvin’s disappointed nobleman father, sends him on a voyage to find his destiny. Storms, pirates, and even flying sharks – all lead Marvin to his greatest discovery; himself. Romance, adventure, and ‘happy ever after’ are on the map, as Marvin Columbus finally finds his destiny.

Harmony of the Seas will be Royal Caribbean's third Oasis-class ship, which debuts in Spring 2016.

Edited by ken_nyc

I am interested to know. I like the idea of Broadway shows onboard, but they definitely need to be the abbreviated versions. I see a lot of reports of people leaving CATS at the intermission. The length of that show is just too much for a cruise. People are being pulled in many directions and probably feel like dedicating that much time in one evening might take away from other activities they are interested in.

People do not leave CATS because its too long. People are walking out within 30 minutes. Its the worse show EVER. It is the only theater show I ever walked out on and it wasn't on the ship I walked out, it was broadway.