Paradise pics, port and ship info..with toddler?

Mybearsbaby

Hey everyone! Happy Friday. I am super excited because we just booked a cruise onboard the Paradise. It was the last room for three, so we just barely made it lol.

We are on a tight budget, so even though we wanted to do a bigger ship/longer cruise, we are excited just to be going and spending some much needed family time. The price was right, and so we decided a cruise onboard Fantasy class beats no cruise at all hands down! DH and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary as well.

We will be visiting Cozumel and Grand Cayman. DH and I have been few times before, but now we have a toddler in tow. Like I said, we are on a tight budget, so what are your recommendations for cheap and fun family days in port? Like $60 or less?

We were thinking maybe a beach day, but not sure which beaches. We would like to take turns snorkeling at at least one port. Any tips?

I would also love to see anyone's pics of the ship.

tIA!

Hey everyone! Happy Friday. I am super excited because we just booked a cruise onboard the Paradise. It was the last room for three, so we just barely made it lol.

We are on a tight budget, so even though we wanted to do a bigger ship/longer cruise, we are excited just to be going and spending some much needed family time. The price was right, and so we decided a cruise onboard Fantasy class beats no cruise at all hands down! DH and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary as well.

We will be visiting Cozumel and Grand Cayman. DH and I have been few times before, but now we have a toddler in tow. Like I said, we are on a tight budget, so what are your recommendations for cheap and fun family days in port? Like $60 or less?

We were thinking maybe a beach day, but not sure which beaches. We would like to take turns snorkeling at at least one port. Any tips?

I would also love to see anyone's pics of the ship.

tIA!

I hope you have a blast!!

I have found that the ports of call forums are excellent places to look for information on the ports.

I can't give you any advice regarding Grand Caymen (will be going there for the first time in December), but in Cozumel I would recommend Paradise Beach. Not sure how you feel about putting your toddler in a Cozumel taxi, though.

A guidebook from your library (free!!!) will help you so much....tells you all about where you're going...what there is to do, costs, transportation etc....DIY stuff is cheap and easy, if you have the info! Head to the library, and check out a guidebook, along with something to read to your little one!!!

I just got off the Paradise on the same route. I doubt you would be interested in doing the same excursions that I did with a toddler in tow - stingrays in GC and drinking margaritas and smoking Cuban cigars in Cozumel. However, I suggest you check out Mitsugirlys reviews of your ports of call. She takes beautiful photographs and gives very detailed descriptions. I have also seen her take great care to answer any question that is posted on her reviews. ProfCruise writes wonderful reviews from the viewpoint of her handsome little man H. It doesn't look like she has visited your ports of call, but her and H's accounts of sea days may give you some insight. I am sure ProfCruise and H would also respond to any questions. Here are links to their profiles. Happy cruising!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=525401

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=1160948

Grand Cayman is fine on a budget. My wife and I spent a total of $10 there. We *walked* to Seven Mile Bay. It's about 30-40 minutes to the start of the beach and then you can keep walking further along the beach if you want. We hung out on the beach, went swimming and snorkeling. Saw a million fish it was great. Then we walked back into town and got two beers for $10.

If you have a toddler and want to do this $10 tour, I recommend a toddler carrier because you do have to walk along a street for a way and you don't want to lose control of the kiddo.

If you are tight on money you can skip the beers and it becomes a $0 tour.

Warning - although this is a public beach, I didn't see any public restrooms and trash cans and such. So plan accordingly.

Edited by draco_m

I hope you have a blast!!

I have found that the ports of call forums are excellent places to look for information on the ports.

I can't give you any advice regarding Grand Caymen (will be going there for the first time in December), but in Cozumel I would recommend Paradise Beach. Not sure how you feel about putting your toddler in a Cozumel taxi, though.

Thank you :) I will look into that. And the car seat thing was definitely another question I had. I read they have a bus in Grand Cayman, but not sure what people do on Cozumel.

A guidebook from your library (free!!!) will help you so much....tells you all about where you're going...what there is to do, costs, transportation etc....DIY stuff is cheap and easy, if you have the info! Head to the library, and check out a guidebook, along with something to read to your little one!!!

Great tip! I didn't even think of checking at the library. Thank you :)

I just got off the Paradise on the same route. I doubt you would be interested in doing the same excursions that I did with a toddler in tow - stingrays in GC and drinking margaritas and smoking Cuban cigars in Cozumel. However, I suggest you check out Mitsugirlys reviews of your ports of call. She takes beautiful photographs and gives very detailed descriptions. I have also seen her take great care to answer any question that is posted on her reviews. ProfCruise writes wonderful reviews from the viewpoint of her handsome little man H. It doesn't look like she has visited your ports of call, but her and H's accounts of sea days may give you some insight. I am sure ProfCruise and H would also respond to any questions. Here are links to their profiles. Happy cruising!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=525401

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=1160948

Thank you for the links. I will give them a read.

Grand Cayman is fine on a budget. My wife and I spent a total of $10 there. We *walked* to Seven Mile Bay. It's about 30-40 minutes to the start of the beach and then you can keep walking further along the beach if you want. We hung out on the beach, went swimming and snorkeling. Saw a million fish it was great. Then we walked back into town and got two beers for $10.

If you have a toddler and want to do this $10 tour, I recommend a toddler carrier because you do have to walk along a street for a way and you don't want to lose control of the kiddo.

If you are tight on money you can skip the beers and it becomes a $0 tour.

Warning - although this is a public beach, I didn't see any public restrooms and trash cans and such. So plan accordingly.

I like the sounds of a $0 tour! Thank you :) How far did you go out before seeing fish?

I like the sounds of a $0 tour! Thank you :) How far did you go out before seeing fish?

Maybe I got lucky on the location but I just swam out 20/30/40 feet and there was coral all over the place and lots of fish to see. Just bring a mask and snorkel because I didn't see any for rent where we walked to.

In Grand Cayman, you can walk to Eden Rock and see tarpon in the water from the shore. They have always been there the dozen or so times we have cruised there But you will probably not want take a toddler in the water there. Rocky and deep.

Eden Rock Is located close, about 4 minutes away from the Cruise Ship Terminal.

Walk to the right as soon as you get off the tender at either South or North Terminal. Walk along the water passing the Blue Iguana, you will see the road taking a bend with beautiful pine trees overhanging the coast line. Look for the sign for Club Paradise. (By now you have walked about 4 minutes.) There you will find an easy entrance to the reef for snorkelers.

If you walk left from the. Cruise dock, not even a block, there is a tiny tiny sandy area where you can enter the water and splash around. It is where the fishermen sell their catch from the shore.

You can easily do both while on shore.