Picture of Blue Kay menu

wildwanderer

The only picture of Blue Kay's menu I've seen is from mitsugirly's review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130767&page=25

As she noted in her review they don't speak much English and everything is in Spanish.

A few translations for you (perhaps someone you know who speaks Spanish can provide further insight): Mantequillo is butter. mojo d'ajo is garlic spread, plancha can mean grilled or pan fired depending on the kitchen, empapelado usually refers to something cooked in paper or foil, pescadero empapelado will tyipically be a cooked fish with veggies, while empanizado is battered/breaded, pechuga de pollo is chicken breast, arrachera is flank steak. De orden refers to an order while x kilo is per kilogram (2.2 lbs), so by weight. camarones of course are shrimp.

This doesn't tell you a lot about how they are prepared, oils or lard used, seasonings etc. But remember most Mexicans aren't into the no-gluten, vegan types of eating some American are and don't worry about food allergies too much. There are restuarants along the malecon that do cater more to Amricanized tastes and may have a better understanding of what you are looking to avoid. Try Steve at Tropicante or Fernando at 100% Agave, for two suggestions. I believe there's still a vegetarian place along the malecon, I want to say Maya Luna, but not sure.