Hockey in sports bar on IOTS

thesawch

Do they have a sports bar on the Independance that they can put a hockey game on for me in a Febuary ?? Thanks

I suspect not. It would be very unusual. Their satellite TV service at sea picks up very few sports channels, and I think their main one is ESPN ... but even that might be the feed based on the region you are in ... not what you want to hear, but more likely soccer or basketball will be on TV ...

Do they have a sports bar on the Independance that they can put a hockey game on for me in a Febuary ?? Thanks

if you have an ipad, you might research mobile apps for NHL Centre Ice ... however, like the NFL, I believe lots of those track the geographic location of your device and will block the signal if you are outside the US or Canada ... I tried the NFL prime ticket last fall while in Europe, and the transAtlantic sailing but it did not work ... I am trying again with the NFL for my Gulf sailing in a few weeks ... if it doesn't work, no big deal ... if it works, then just another on board entertainment option while sitting in the Schooner Bar ... :)

I don't think you'll have much luck, especially (my guess based on your location) if you are looking for coverage of a Canadian team.

When other CC members have asked about watching sports during their cruise, I often recommend checking to see if you are in port the day of the game and you might find a bar who can put the game on, but again since hockey is generally in the evening, chances are slim of being in port.

Having said that, check the TV coverage and you should be able to find somewhere what networks are carrying the game. As others said, you might luck out and find it's on ESPN International.

Other than that there is always the internet to get updates, but live stream wouldn't be worth it.