Help me in making my decision

nimiq

Hello all,

I have been difficulty in selecting between 4 cruise ships for our November cruise. This is why I turn to my cruise critics friend to give me why they would chose a ship over an other without thinking about the itinerary or price.

I will also post this tread in the other line board to make it more realistic.

Out of the 4 ships I will be listing we have been on 3 of them and the other was a sister ship to it. We like them all for different reason but I want to know about your choices and why ?

Here is the list :

MSC Divina

NCL Getaway

Princess Regal

RCCL Oasis of the seas

Thanks again for the help

Sea ya

Eric

I have been on both Oasis and Getaway. I prefer the layout of Oasis and feel that it was a better overall experience. I never felt crowded on the ship and they did a great job of flowing people through the venues. Hated the pool area on the Getaway. That being said we are going on another NCL cruise in January as we overall enjoyed our first NCL cruise on the Getaway last June.

We have been fortunate enough to go on multiple cruises with many different lines. We have always enjoyed the RCCL experience, but liked the more laid back NCL cruise as an option.

We usually book based on price and itinerary. NCL competes very well with RCCL on both. Would love to go back on Oasis, but will try another NCL cruise before we book another!

Do you have a preferred cruiseline?

Actually we are Elite with Princess and got the matchup status on MSC now but did not to want to base myself on the little perks we get from those status.

Eric

I'm assuming these are all Caribbean cruises. If so, I'd sail Oasis. 2nd choice would be Getaway.

Itinerary would be the most important thing but as far as the ship only, the Oasis and Getaway have more to do on them that my family would enjoy doing.

-Sean

Their dress code is Resort Casual which is always acceptable in all venues.

Sorry, not true. Cruise/Resort Casual is accepted anywhere on embarkation day and daytime during the other days. It is also ok for dinner in all restaurants except aft MDR and Le Bistro which both require Smart Casual.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#packing

Actually we are Elite with Princess and got the matchup status on MSC now but did not to want to base myself on the little perks we get from those status.

Eric

I've no experience of the other cruiselines, I go with NCL because it is less formal than the other lines.. if you prefer more formal then choosing one of the others perhaps?