Formal nights in Asia. Do people dress up??

golferwomen2

We did the Mariner Singapore-Shanghai this past March....all ranges of dress were acceptable...go with what you would be comfortable doing. After many years of cruising with RCI we actually don't do formal anymore. Enjoy your cruise.

We are going to be on the Mariner of the Seas leaving Singapore Nov 5. I would like to know on formal night what do people normally wear?

It seems these days people are not dressing up as much.

Thanks for any input:)

Hi ... I was just thinking the same thing as we are on the same cruise. Might see you on board. :)

My wife and I sailed on the Mariner back in early 2014 out of Singapore for ten nights B2B. We dressed up for all formal nights. There were only a very select few on the first 3-night cruise, but there were whole tables of us on the second 7-night cruise dressed up. Sure, a lot of Asians won't bother, and you may well sit next to a couple who look like they just ran a marathon in shorts, t-shirt and runners, while you're there in your Tux and beautiful dress, but hey, who cares! It's your holiday! Other passengers were commenting on my wife and I and I bet some of them felt quite silly with what the were wearing as well.. Also, the staff will appreciate your efforts in some cases! Go for it.

We are doing 13 nights on Quantum in March 2016 out of Shanghai, and I will certainly be organising my tux. I might be the only one, but I will look good!

Have fun!

My wife and I sailed on the Mariner back in early 2014 out of Singapore for ten nights B2B. We dressed up for all formal nights. There were only a very select few on the first 3-night cruise, but there were whole tables of us on the second 7-night cruise dressed up. Sure, a lot of Asians won't bother, and you may well sit next to a couple who look like they just ran a marathon in shorts, t-shirt and runners, while you're there in your Tux and beautiful dress, but hey, who cares! It's your holiday! Other passengers were commenting on my wife and I and I bet some of them felt quite silly with what the were wearing as well.. Also, the staff will appreciate your efforts in some cases! Go for it.

We are doing 13 nights on Quantum in March 2016 out of Shanghai, and I will certainly be organising my tux. I might be the only one, but I will look good!

Have fun!

While we saw many differing kinds of dress on our Mariner cruise this past March....we saw "no one" that looked like they had just ran a marathon...and actually the many Asians onboard were dressed very well...I guess every cruise can vary greatly ;)

While we saw many differing kinds of dress on our Mariner cruise this past March....we saw "no one" that looked like they had just ran a marathon...and actually the many Asians onboard were dressed very well...I guess every cruise can vary greatly ;)

Yup just back from the 22nd Oct cruise and many Asians from Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore and yes Mainland China too etc did dressed for the Formal evenings. :)

Just back from our cruise and yes, we were in Formal wear for both the Formal Nights and we are Singaporean. :)

We are sailing on the Mariner next Thursday (05/11) from Singapore. Just wondering if there were any theme nights during the cruise? Thanks.