Which Seawitch is Being Served on Emerald?

BigJohnL

Can somebody who has been on the Emerald recently tell me which variety of Seawitch craft beer is being offered? Also, what is the price per bottle? Thanks so much.

I realize they might, at any time, switch which Seawitch variety is offered. ;)

There are two varieties of Seawitch, an IPA and I believe the other is a blond ale. Not total certain about the latter as I didn't drink any on the Emerald 9/26-10/17.

Memory says the price was $5.75 per bottle.

There are two varieties of Seawitch, an IPA and I believe the other is a blond ale. Not total certain about the latter as I didn't drink any on the Emerald 9/26-10/17.

Memory says the price was $5.75 per bottle.

Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to trying the IPA.

All they had to offer was the IPA when I was on the Emerald 10 days ago. I had tried that before, and the IPA was drinkable but pretty "hoppy". I was hoping to be able to try the Blond Ale this time, but no such luck.

Are you joking sir ? Do they have happy hours in princess ? How do I find out about it , will patters have the specifics?

Please help

Definitely not a joke. This has been mentioned on several threads here. Used to be Buy One Get One Free. Recently changed to where the second drink is $1. Still a good deal. The daily Patter should have specifics as to where and when.

Happy Hour is usually offered twice each day. Afternoons 3-4 (once in a while 4-5) in the Wheelhouse Bar. Also 10-11 in whichever bar is the "disco".

Beverages are 1 at regular price and an identical beverage for one dollar, + 15% on the total. The kicker is you must take both at the same time. Still saves considerable money over regular prices. Needless to say, the Wheelhouse is quite crowded in the afternoon and on sea days is standing room only.

• 2 weeks later...
Can somebody who has been on the Emerald recently tell me which variety of Seawitch craft beer is being offered? Also, what is the price per bottle? Thanks so much.

Now that I'm home from my cruise, I will answer my own questions.

The only variety onboard the November 2-7 cruise was the IPA. I found it to be quite good. Per bottle regular price was $6.25 + a mandatory 15% gratuity of $0.94 for a total of $7.19. I was able to reduce my average per bottle cost considerably as follows:

1. In my cabin, I found a coupon book that included a Buy One Get One Free coupon good for any drink in Skywalkers, any night between 10 and 11pm.

2. At the Captains Circle reception in Club Fusion, I asked a server if I could have a bottle of the Seawitch IPA instead of the prepared drinks on her tray. No problem. I had 3 glasses during the party.

So, over the course of the cruise, I enjoyed 5 for the price of 1. ;)

Seawitch IPA is an American ale. It is hoppy so if you don't like a lot of hops, you may not like it. It is 6% ABV which makes it the heaviest beer offered I believe. The beer advocate rates it 3.57 out of 5. it is brewed by a small brewery in San Jose, CA