An Amazing Alluring Adventure 11-22 Oct 2015

transam84

We recently returned from a magnificent vacation to Rome and a Mediterranean cruise on Allure.

I created a complete travel journal with pictures in Shutterfly. I'm not very good at adding pictures to cruise critic posts so I thought this would be better. I am also going to create a Flickr site.

Below is a link to my Sutterfly site. It is quite extensive so I won't say much here.

https://allureoftheseasmediterranean2015.shutterfly.com/

We really liked the Allure. It was familiar territory since we sailed Oasis last year. We loved the Owners suite, especially the large balcony. Our cabin attendant Karen was fantastic. I told her I liked towel animals and she made me a new one each day and left them till the end. We did not eat much in the main dining room due to the intense schedule. The couple of meals there were ok. This trip we preferred the casual eateries and Chops and Giovanni's for our nice meals. Overall, It was an absolutely amazing wonderful trip. I loved Italy so much. I am already planning to go back!

I hope you enjoy my site.

Laura

Who did you use for tour of Florence and Pisa?? I like that they pre-booked tickets. thanks we go next September, Any other tour info for Italy would be great

Most private/semi-private tours will get you tickets to major, very popular sites in advance. I was extremely happy we went this route. I was very happy with all my tour operators. I did a lot of research here and on tripadvisor before hand.

For Rome and all our transfers we used LivItaly

For Barcelona we used Barcelona Day Tours

For Naples we used Lello

For Florence we used Papillion

If you want any more details feel free to email me at ltrogrady@optonline.net

I loved the trip so much, it was incredible.

I am already planning another.

Enjoy.

Our Mediterranean cruise ranks at the top of our cruises. Italy is a beautiful country. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I could see doing a two week land vacation in Italy to take in all the different areas.

Totally agree. I loved Italy so much. Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Florence, Pisa, exceeded my every expectation. I want to take a longer cruise and also spend more land based vacation time in each city. I also want to see Scicily and Venice on my next trip. This "taste" of the Mediterranean has me hooked!:cool: