Documents for 8th Dec qm2 cruise

Baxterburdis

I have friends on this sailing and I was considering it myself because of the excellent bargain. In the US, the promo was $1499 per person and that included every category from the lowest up to a B1. You just booked the best available at the time. My friends were able to secure a very nice B1 balcony cabin up on Deck 12. What a great deal!

I must admit by offering these last minute specials, Cunard (and other lines) are truly diluting the primary incentive to book early. Of course it's still best to book early if you want a particular cabin, dinner seating, or are worried about the ship selling out.

Ernie

Has anyone yet had their actual wallets and smaller ticket books and luggage tags? I really do hate this last minute rush and wonder why Cunard cant get it together better

Yes, we received all of our documents! Look at a previous message that states Cunard said that a bad batch had to be reprinted (I think it was in the UK). Perhaps yours were included in that batch!

Yes the luggage tags and the flight tickets for our connections etc...I think it is poor that you are still waiting and you are going on the 26th! Nothing like panicking just before a holiday when you should be just relaxing and maybe making last minute wardrobe plans!

Hope they come through soon

Yes the luggage tags and the flight tickets for our connections etc...I think it is poor that you are still waiting and you are going on the 26th! Nothing like panicking just before a holiday when you should be just relaxing and maybe making last minute wardrobe plans!

Hope they come through soon

hi

there seems to be about 20 going on 26 /11 looking at the roll call and no one else seems to have got them either. i hate phoning cunard i come off the phone no wiser and feeling as if i have been talked down to, so i will give it another few days and see if they arrive.

cheers sean

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We received our documents for the December 8 sailing of the QM2 about three weeks ago. However, they did not include the "shore excursion" booklet.

We called Cunard concerning this matter, and were told that we must request these documents through our travel agent.

We have just received more documents from Cunard, and again, they do not include the "shore excursion" booklet.

Would anyone have a pdf version (or a scanned copy) that could be e-mailed to us, since there is no time to request another copy from Cunard?

Our e-mail address is guernsey@canada.com (please mention QM2 in your subject title)

Also, a reminder to others on this sailing, if you would like to have the social hostess contact you concerning the Cruise Critic get-together, please e-mail us your room number.

Thanks!

Anne and Alan

We had the same problem. However, Cunard CA told me that we will be give shore exc. info once we are onboard.

If I were both of you, I would call my TA and make sure they did not remove the booklet (for their use, for some reason) Our 3 Jan cruise, we got PRE documents mailed directly to us. (I think I had the choice of them going to the agency, but since I am the agent, I asked them to send them to me at home) This was a big 8 1/2 x 11 booklet with the shore excursions listed and described in the back. Previous Cunard cruises I have been on, they always sent a small booklet that fit right inside the ticket wallet, along with the gift order form for the agent to order a thank you gift for you. Now I always took THAT out, as I was the one ordering and paying for the gift for my clients. I might xerox the shore book - In fact, I generally ALWAYS copy all of my client's docs. That way, if God forbid,something gets lost or anything, I have copies we can work from if necessary. If the TA says they did not get a book, I would think Cunard could fax or email youi a copy of what they will give you on board. Perhaps they did not have them ready in time, since it isn't a standard itinerary. A lot has changed with them over time, but I am certain if you call guest relations, they can fax or email that.

Archived