Does this bother you, kids and crusing pranks..

cruzinsteve

On the plus side we had one hell'ova breakfast!

*LMAO* lmao.gif

You've got a wonderful attitude. What is there to say....kids do what their parents allow....I am one who would have tracked down the little stinkers and taken them, by the ear, to their parents or a ship's officer....

Another thing that can happen is they walk up and down each floor, switching the "Do not Disturb" signs to "Please make up my Stateroom" and vice versa, you can just imagine the funny or not so funny things that could happen with that. Especially annoying for honeymoon couples or people that come back from lunch and the room is still not made up.:) :) :)

Uhhhh....someone switched our "Do Not Disturb" sign to "Make Up Stateroom". I had just finished dressing when in came my steward. YIKES!!! He was very apologetic, and I had my clothes on. Can't imagine how sorry he would have been had he seen me otherwise!:eek:

I am one who would have tracked down the little stinkers and taken them, by the ear, to their parents or a ship's officer....
For all the good it would do. :rolleyes: Sadly, this is *one* area that Carnival trails RCI. RCI captains have been known to put passengers off the ship in a foreign port due to the shenanigans of the little hellions.

One child on a cruise ship, any cruise ship, is one too many. :mad:

For all the good it would do. :rolleyes: Sadly, this is *one* area that Carnival trails RCI. RCI captains have been known to put passengers off the ship in a foreign port due to the shenanigans of the little hellions.

One child on a cruise ship, any cruise ship, is one too many. :mad:

I guess you won't be taking a Disney cruise anytime soon......I personally think I will feel the same about those annoyingly loud drunks.:D Well-behaved children are no problem for me.

Everyone has an opinion just like other things. :eek:

Wow, I watched and waited to see how long it would be before someone would bring up "loud obnoxious drunks" when talking about kids... it never fails :rolleyes:

And I can 100% guarantee you and just about swear my life on Tef never going on a Disney cruise :p

We cruised on the Grand Princess last March...spring break and I figured we would experience the same as you, but we did not. They had crew dressed in security shirts keeping the youth under control. Not a nuisance at all except on one of the tenders...drunk teenagers putting their beer bottles on the floor of the tender for the rest of us to trip on.

We are doing the Christmas Glory cruise this year. Hope it is a bit quieter than yours. :D

Wow, I watched and waited to see how long it would be before someone would bring up "loud obnoxious drunks" when talking about kids... it never fails :rolleyes:

And I can 100% guarantee you and just about swear my life on Tef never going on a Disney cruise :p

Don't they sometimes act the same? :p

I am the proud mother of 3 teenagers, ( 14, 13, 13) and yes, they cruise with us. I admit that they have been known to ride the elevators up and down and push all the buttons. (I know, I know, it's very annoying to us "grown ups", but let's face it, we did it when we were kids, too and it's not that big a deal in the whole scheme of things.) Besides, you should be taking the stairs! :D I know some of you out there are thinking, what kind of mom is she, but you will NEVER see my kids screaming in the halls, changing door signs, or anything else. They are good kids, and yes, we do actually spend time with them on cruises.

On our last cruise, it was a group of college aged kids that were so obnoxious. They had a table next to us in the dining room and they were totally oblivious that there were other people in the dining room. They were so loud, and they would sing (and not well at that) every night. They got drunk every night at dinner, too. My DH is normally very easy going, but after a couple of nights of this, he had had enough. I was surprised he didn't get in trouble because one night he grabbed one of the girls by the arm and told her to be quiet. It worked, but they gave us dirty looks the rest of the cruise. On the last night, I couldn't resist and I told another girl to stop staring at me, that I didn't care what she thought of me, and to act like a lady and stop starring. It worked, and I felt better for telling her. We laugh about it now, but at the time, it was annoying.

I am the proud mother of 3 teenagers, ( 14, 13, 13) and yes, they cruise with us. I admit that they have been known to ride the elevators up and down and push all the buttons. (I know, I know, it's very annoying to us "grown ups", but let's face it, we did it when we were kids, too and it's not that big a deal in the whole scheme of things.) Besides, you should be taking the stairs! :D I know some of you out there are thinking, what kind of mom is she, but you will NEVER see my kids screaming in the halls, changing door signs, or anything else. They are good kids, and yes, we do actually spend time with them on cruises.

I'm not afraid to say my kids have done the same with the riding the elevators, pushing all the buttons, wheelchair races (Celebrity Millenium..and no it was not on a deck with passenger cabins anywhere near this area) but I would have kicked their butts if they had done anything like what the OP stated. Kids will be kids but you can only put up with so much when they turn into monsters and won't stop.

I Fathered FOUR boys, so you'll forgive me if I smile nostalgically. :D

Although its rare, sometimes these things happen. You took it well IMHO with a good sense of humor over it. Although I usually cruise when school is in session in most parts of the country (for pricing only, I love kids), I've never experienced, other than a mild temper tantrum, any kids misbehaving badly. Although I may have a skewed view of what "misbehaving" is (see 1st paragraph). :D

If something like this ever happened to me and the parents were known or available, since I'm such a judgmental basturd, I would probably have taken the parents to task right there on the spot. I could almost guarantee, based on my ability to make issues like this and their consequences "crystal clear", that it would never happen again on that cruise. :rolleyes:

Okay... I have FIVE boys (no girls) and I just cruised with four of them (no husband). It is true- your tolerance level goes way up and some of the things you think are hilarious other people would be upset about... for example... I saw my 11 year old throw an ice cream cone off the stern one night and I said "What the H*ll are you doing???" He said "We always do this, it's great, watch!" Now I am sure someone is going to quote me and write something horrible, but to me? FUNNY. VERY FUNNY.

But I am always extra conscious of not letting them bother anyone else and as far as I know they would NEVER vandalize anything or cause anyone any harm. What the OP is talking about is Children of the Corn level behavior.

I would have taken one of the kids aside and hissed some threat in his ear, complete with swear words. Does no good to approach the parents- they are usually too defensive and besides, look at the results of their parenting.

Gosh! I always thought we were very responsible parents -- check in every hour and with us by mid-night! Guess NOT! :rolleyes:

Now that our younger daughter is out of grad school she admits to some of they things they did!

:o OK ... do have laugh about this one: CHAIR HOGS BEWARE!! They would get those little packets of jelly, honey, etc. and pretend to be taking a short rest and sit down at the end of the chairs being hogged. Need I say more! This sticky mess went into all shoes, books, etc. Also, they would go to the buffet get big plates of, as she still says "something gross", and drip it all over the hogged chair by accident ........

Avoid cruising on major holidays! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I have only had one run in with a bad group of kids.

I had my, then girlfriend call security, and I followed them to their room ( on another deck I might add )

Well they went to their parents room and the dad accused me of being a pedofile.

I marched them and the kids back to our room where security was waiting and both of us identified the kids.

I had a credit on my S&S for $50 each and I found out from the hotel manager that they were told if there is the slightest issue with their kids again they would be put off at the next port with no refund.

The dad apolgized the next day, but the mother gave us dirty looks all cruise.

You NEVER think you will see the same people that often, but we ran into them every few hours or so.... but the kids never even looked at us.

The one thing I saw on my first cruise that wasn't necessarily a prank, just plain FOUL was a group of kids in the buffet line that would pick up things and put them back in the buffet... one kid dropped something on the floor and picked it up, put it back :mad: Thankfully someone working the buffet caught it prior to us having to say anything, they had to remove the items from the buffet and refill with new trays... of course, parents were nowhere to be found :rolleyes:

We had an unruley group of teen agers that stayed up to the wee hours running up and down the hall. I hope they tried to sleep late each morning because as we went past their door to breackfast I would knock on the door and keep walking. Same theing on the way back. Once I even called their room from the house phone at the pursers desk. Didn't seem to slow them down any but it made me feel better.LOL

Hehehe...you are too funny!

Only cause room service is free. Can you imagine how you would feel if you were in some hotel that charges $20 per.

Yep. Hope you didn't tip all four of the room services guys who showed up ... maybe if they got stiffed enough, they would get to the bottom of who was pulling these pranks and get their parents in for a little "meeting."

Blue skies ...

--rita

Wow, my kids were right.. they were raised in a prison. Cause there would have been some serious room time if they threw anything off the ship. I'm not trying to be critical, just wondering, if you had paid for that ice cream would you have found it so funny? Again my kids must be right "I don't have a sense of humor".

And I know that my kids (4 and all grown) did lots of stuff I don't know about and probably am very glad I don't know. And maybe they would have pushed all the buttons in the elevator or switched door messages. But they would have known if they got caught they would be in serious trouble.

Cause my theory is kids will try and break the rules. If you allow seemly minor actions to have no consequences or go by the "kids will be kids" theory they just graduate to something BIGGER quicker.

Having said that I am very tolerant of other people's children.. I don't see the big hulabaloo about elevator buttons (shame that they couldn't find something else to do) or running in the halls. Not my kids but I don't care if your kids do it.

The OP had a great attitude and I hope mine would be the same.

Wow, my kids were right.. they were raised in a prison. Cause there would have been some serious room time if they threw anything off the ship. I'm not trying to be critical, just wondering, if you had paid for that ice cream would you have found it so funny? Again my kids must be right "I don't have a sense of humor".

And I know that my kids (4 and all grown) did lots of stuff I don't know about and probably am very glad I don't know. And maybe they would have pushed all the buttons in the elevator or switched door messages. But they would have known if they got caught they would be in serious trouble.

Cause my theory is kids will try and break the rules. If you allow seemly minor actions to have no consequences or go by the "kids will be kids" theory they just graduate to something BIGGER quicker.

Having said that I am very tolerant of other people's children.. I don't see the big hulabaloo about elevator buttons (shame that they couldn't find something else to do) or running in the halls. Not my kids but I don't care if your kids do it.

The OP had a great attitude and I hope mine would be the same.

I agree with everything you said there. Kids will try to do things. Mine are teens now (well...ooops, one is actually 20 although it pains me to say it) and I am slowly finding out things they did when they were little...like DD #1 used to tell DD #2 it was time for a 'nap', put her in a toy box and sit on the lid :eek:

BUT....they would never do anything right in front of me FTLOG....and as far as tossing stuff overboard, that would be one of the last things they would ever think to do because they were taught respect, not just of people but of the planet as well...not that ice cream is a toxic pollutant or anything, it's just about the respect.

I wish I could say I was tolerant of other people's children, but lately I even find it hard to be tolerant of other people :eek:

No one seems to use any common sense.

To the OP...You do have a wonderful attitude!! You rock! :D

That kind of thinking is just plain wrong.

In your opinion perhaps but we are all entitled to our own way of thinking. :rolleyes:

Halos - Has she told you about the all night frat parties and panty raids yet?:p

Halos - Has she told you about the all night frat parties and panty raids yet?:p

g'morning handsome :D ...and YES..unfortunately she tells me way too much :eek:

Instead of getting upset, I find I'm quite jealous ;)

g'morning handsome :D ...and YES..unfortunately she tells me way too much :eek:

Instead of getting upset, I find I'm quite jealous ;)

ROFLMAO....I find that I'm given entirely TMI as well. Sometimes I feel as if I need to have the BP meds adjusted :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....instead of getting jealous...just get even *evil grin* ;)

Archived