Tour to Taipivai Valley on Feb 1, 2016

pug lover

We are sailing on Oceania's Marina "Pacific Dreams" and are waitlisted for a tour to Taipivai Valley, Nuka Hiva on Feb 1st.

We have booked a 3 hour45 min private tour with Jocelyne Tours, but she would like to fill her van of 8. There are only 2 of us going.You may contact Jocelyne at http://www.marquisesvoyages.com.

Hello! You probably meant to post this in your roll call, which is active already.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208119&page=1

Have fun on your cruise!

I tookthis tour in 11... I don't know about a van... theyused pickup trucks with wooden benches, Transportation is pretty slim so is gasoline.. I wasnot overly impressed...you go up and over a steep ridge on switchbacks pause at the top its a 11/2 lane dirt and grave road you head into the valley stop at the catholic church for 40 see the wood carving min then drive back none of the drivers spoke English... the scenery was pretty blaha..the mosquitos were happy Nuki thebestthing to do is attend the huge market where every one comes out... music, food,handycrafts.... transportation is almost non existant so every one comes in from all over Its a walking village with a church and some stores