Can't check-in kids room?

beckyjohns

We have 2 cabins, 1 for adults, 1 for kids (both age 8). I completed check-in for the adults room and tried to do the kids room, but it won't let me sign the Ticket Contract because the kids aren't over 18. Does it matter? I can still print the edocs, but check-in isn't "complete" for the kids.

We have 2 cabins, 1 for adults, 1 for kids (both age 8). I completed check-in for the adults room and tried to do the kids room, but it won't let me sign the Ticket Contract because the kids aren't over 18. Does it matter? I can still print the edocs, but check-in isn't "complete" for the kids.

Not sure how it works here but on other cruise lines they have always made us put 1 adult in each room - Even if your child was going to sleep in the other room

Not sure how it works here but on other cruise lines they have always made us put 1 adult in each room - Even if your child was going to sleep in the other room

They are indeed booked in their own room. NCL allowed it since they are in a connecting room to ours.

You must have at least one person age 21 in each cabin. You will not be able to check in or print edocs without. Of course when you board you can arrange the rooms any way you want. Call NCL or your TA. Have a great cruise.

Don't listen to those who say you have to rebook with an adult in each room. I just did what you are trying to do two weeks ago. Our kids are on an adjoining room and hubby and I are in a room. I called ncl (got the number from myncl) and the girl on the phone was super helpful. She went in and made one of the kids 18 (just changed her birthdate), then I set up an account in my ncl and did the check in while she was on the phone with me, then when I was finished she fixed the birthdate back. So when I went in to print the paperwork everything was good. They will walk you through it.

You know, doing the online thing is NOT a "must"...many folks book their cruise, and that's it...they show up and board....

It will save you a few mins...maybe, at check in. It's not a big deal.

Thank you! That was my original question. I was wondering if it even mattered.

Perfect. Very frustrated that we were booked in a way that apparently doesn't work. We're 3 weeks away from cruising and now it sounds like we're in trouble.

You are not in trouble since once you're aboard you can arrange the cabins as you wish. But you do need to call NCL to complete kids' checkin so there will not be a delay at embarkation checkin.

I did some more research and it appears that our booking is well within their rules. Maybe just a technical glitch that won't allow the check-in? On other cruiselines, they "link" the reservations and allow the adult in the connecting room to accept the Contract on the child's behalf.

© Guests under 21: Any Guest under 21 years of age is considered a minor. Any Guest under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same, connecting, or side by side stateroom by a Guest 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under-21 Guest

throughout the cruise.

Hello

We also have two connecting rooms. We had a good travel agent and she booked us (two adults) in one room and our kids in the other room (we were able to get better incentives doing it this way). It can be done. The only issue is that you cannot create an on-line account for kids under the age of 18. I called Norwegian and they told me how to check in the kids/room on-line. You go to "www.ncl.com/oci". It will walk you through in a few steps to do the on-line check-in. You will also be able to print out their e-docs. Very easy. We are also sailing in 3 weeks and cannot wait! Have a great trip!

I did some more research and it appears that our booking is well within their rules. Maybe just a technical glitch that won't allow the check-in? On other cruiselines, they "link" the reservations and allow the adult in the connecting room to accept the Contract on the child's behalf.

© Guests under 21: Any Guest under 21 years of age is considered a minor. Any Guest under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same, connecting, or side by side stateroom by a Guest 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under-21 Guest

throughout the cruise.

Yes, you are able to book this way. I did the same thing and explained how we did check in for the kids with no problems a few posts above. However, I would try what "haply" suggested because it sounds like you might not even have to call NCL to do it that way.

Hello

We also have two connecting rooms. We had a good travel agent and she booked us (two adults) in one room and our kids in the other room (we were able to get better incentives doing it this way). It can be done. The only issue is that you cannot create an on-line account for kids under the age of 18. I called Norwegian and they told me how to check in the kids/room on-line. You go to "www.ncl.com/oci". It will walk you through in a few steps to do the on-line check-in. You will also be able to print out their e-docs. Very easy. We are also sailing in 3 weeks and cannot wait! Have a great trip!

This is exactly why we did it this way. The adults wanted UBP and kids wanted UDP, but that only worked if we booked the kids in a separate room. I did call NCL this afternoon and the lady was not helpful at all. I told her the check-in issue and all she could tell me was that I had to respond to the email from NCL (which I never received) about the Terms and Conditions for having minors in a different room. When I asked her to re-send it, she said I had to contact the Documentation dept directly, which only accepts email, not phone calls.

If we are booked in side by side cabins with one adult and one teen in each, will we be easily able to switch rooms out at check in???? My NCL cruise consultant says yes but I am concerned that my husband and I will not BOTH have keys to the same cabin..... Has anyone experienced switching out rooms like this at check in?

This is exactly why we did it this way. The adults wanted UBP and kids wanted UDP, but that only worked if we booked the kids in a separate room

Wait. Your 8 year olds specifically wanted to eat in specialty restaurants?

Wait. Your 8 year olds specifically wanted to eat in specialty restaurants?

Actually, yes.

We don't need Internet on vacation, we book shore excursions outside the ship, they drink maybe 1 soda a week, but they love to try new foods. So, yes.

Actually, yes.

We don't need Internet on vacation, we book shore excursions outside the ship, they drink maybe 1 soda a week, but they love to try new foods. So, yes.

That is so cool, my younger son won't eat different foods at home, but on a cruise he'll try anything.

Hope you get the doc thing worked out. As others have said if you don't have the docs it's not a super big deal.

Actually, yes.

Fair enough. I wouldn't really know what to get if my 4 year old qualified for a promotion of her own, since my boyfriend and I got the UBP, and she's too young for either pop or alcohol.

I guess I would rather get her the internet, though, and use it to post pictures of us on FB, or else just get prepaid gratuities to save a little on our final bill, just because I couldn't send her to dine alone at her age, LOL!