Divina Yacht Club Dining Room Dress

pamwinn

We've have sailed on the Divina once in the past but not in the Yacht club. I am trying to avoid taking 3 outfits for each day. Is it okay for ladies to wear sandals, capris, and resort wear type tops in Le Muse on the non-gala evenings? I don't want to appear underdressed but at the same time, I don't want to have a 70 lb suitcase. This is for the Caribbean itineraries. Thanks.

Edited by pamwinn

• 5 months later...

We just returned from the 4/9 Bermuda sailing and I didn't see anyone in shorts and t-shirts in Le Muse during dinner. I wore them to Le Muse for breakfast and lunch as did the people I traveled with. On non formal night dinners, I wore capris and a top with sandals and was not underdressed. I don't wear dresses either. On the gala evenings, I wore dress slacks and a pretty jacket over a lacy top. That also fit in fine. There were a few tuxedo's, more suits, and lots of sports coats and slacks on the men. It is not as casual as Carnival or Norwegian.

Edited by pamwinn

I don't wear dress's - Normally on non formal nights I just wear tshirt and shorts

Am I able to still do that in the YC rest for dinner or the MDR for dinner?

MSC has a very large following with guests from Europe & dress for the occasion. this will be our 1st time in y/c but are gold from previous cruises, have never seen shorts allowed in for dinner in MDR so doubt YC will allow it. Just off Priness & refused a guest for breakfast in MDR with tanktop.

Yacht Club is definitely dressy for dinner. I cruised with pamwinn last week and her observation is spot-on. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, dressed up for dinner. Never saw shorts or even long jeans. Even the few children I saw were dressed up. And on formal night...WOW! Everyone went all out! It is, by far, the 'dressiest' ship I've ever been on.

Yacht Club is definitely dressy for dinner. I cruised with pamwinn last week and her observation is spot-on. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, dressed up for dinner. Never saw shorts or even long jeans. Even the few children I saw were dressed up. And on formal night...WOW! Everyone went all out! It is, by far, the 'dressiest' ship I've ever been on.

I doubt any cruiseline would allow shorts with the exception on the 1st night that luggage was lost.

MSC has a very large following with guests from Europe & dress for the occasion. this will be our 1st time in y/c but are gold from previous cruises, have never seen shorts allowed in for dinner in MDR so doubt YC will allow it. Just off Priness & refused a guest for breakfast in MDR with tanktop.

They do allow nice shorts in the MDR on non gala night.

I doubt any cruiseline would allow shorts with the exception on the 1st night that luggage was lost.
From experience I can tell you that both Royal and Carnival allow shorts in their MDR's and from what I have read Norwegian as well.

We were on Divina in the Yacht Club 4 weeks ago. No t-shirts and shorts in there at all, not at breakfast, lunch or dinner. I wore sundresses and maxi dresses in Le Muse. For the formal night, I wore a dressier maxi dress - not an evening gown, although there were ladies in there wearing sequined gowns, etc. For men, a golf shirt or business shirt and trousers most nights and then a suit for formal night.