All Access Tour ?

Noreen411

Hi

My husband and I will be going on Anthem of the Seas in January.

I see they have an All Access Tour for $150 Per Person. This is something he's very interested in so will probably book it shortly.

I was hoping someone who has done it could give some insight/opinions? I know Anthem is just coming over so maybe someone who did this on Quantum would be the closest comparison. Or even if other ships offer this.

We are also Diamond Plus (Anthem will be our first cruise as Diamond Plus) and someone told me that we'll be offered a behind the scenes type of tour just for being Diamond Plus. Is that the same tour? I'm assuming not but wanted to ask anyone who has experienced the Diamond Plus behind the scenes tour.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Noreen

Hi

I see they have an All Access Tour for $150 Per Person. This is something he's very interested in so will probably book it shortly.

I was hoping someone who has done it could give some insight/opinions? I know Anthem is just coming over so maybe someone who did this on Quantum would be the closest comparison. Or even if other ships offer this.

We are also Diamond Plus (Anthem will be our first cruise as Diamond Plus) and someone told me that we'll be offered a behind the scenes type of tour just for being Diamond Plus. Is that the same tour? I'm assuming not but wanted to ask anyone who has experienced the Diamond Plus behind the scenes tour.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Noreen

The tours are not the same. As Diamond Plus, you will receive an invitation to tour the galley, the backstage area of the theater and the bridge. Each of those tours takes about 45 minutes and they are scheduled at three separate times unlike the All Access tour which is several hours long. The Concierge will take care of the bookings. It is not as in depth as the All Access Tour.

Have fun on whichever (or all) that you choose!

My wife and I did the All Access Tour on the Mariner of the Seas back in 2014. It was awesome. We visited the Galley, Crew quarters & lounge, laundry, waste/recycling area, engine control room, backstage of the theatre, backstage of the ice rink, and the bridge of course. Taking photos was encouraged aswell. The staff are all friendly and happy to chat if they are not working.

We were lucky that whilst we were in the engine control room (which is the only place you're supposed to be allowed) the Cheif Engineer just happened to be there. Our small group of 6 got the surprise of being taken down to the actual engine room and got to walk around for about 5 mins there. It was very noisy. We had to muffle our ears but very interesting all the same.

On the bridge, we spent at least 45 mins talking to the crew and the Captain, posing for photos. You could walk out on the wings of the bridge and get photos right down the side of the ship. It certainly adds to your holiday experience. I am sure you will enjoy it. Well worth the money I believe. Even though ships are different, I think I would only do it once having said that. probably wouldn't need to do it on every ship.

Cheers

Hi

I was hoping someone who has done it could give some insight/opinions?

Full photo review of All Access Tour on Quantum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45076447&highlight=access#post45076447

Worth every penny. Have a great cruise!:D

We did the All Access tour on Indy, well worth the cost, we took lots of photos which are fantastic. The staff were very helpful and made the trip memorable.

It will be different on every ship, but a lot of thought goes into making the trip a WOW moment

Edited by Mark-Sheffield

We're thinking of doing this, but I recall the galley tour we took on a Celebrity ship a few years ago. The tour itself was great, but the group was so large (and single file a lot of the time) that if you wanted to be sure to hear and see what was going on, you had to be a little assertive in your positioning.

How big are the All Access tour groups? Is the group size a problem?

Jan

Thank you all for your replies

Hoopster - your pictures/review is amazing - I can't wait to show this to Scott

Thank you

You're welcome. :D As you can see, Imo this is a must do for anyone sailing Anthem, and especially if you're an RCL fan and love the ships.