Does the St. Thomas Catamaran Sail or Motor

Next

Has anyone done the St. Thomas all day or half day Catamaran through Princess? Does the trip truly including sailing or does the catamaran use the motor?

Any other comments about the exursion are welcome.

If you are asking about the catamaran to St. John from St. Thomas, we did this two years ago and it was an excellent excursion. We did the full day, and the catamaran was using both the motor and sails. They had the captain and a crew of three (two girls and a guy) taking care of the boat and passengers. Unlimited drinks and a simple 'make your own' sandwich lunch. It was a long and rough trip to Honeymoon Beach and back, so actual snorkle and beach time was short. Again, a great excursion, great crew, but not for those prone to seasickness. They are prepared with plenty of buckets (yuk, sorry).

Yea, and I used one of those buckets on the way over. Sure did not get my fill of the free booze on that trip! But it was an experience watching this new guy try and raise the sail and then one of the women taking over and raising it like it was a pennant!

I just returned from the half-day sail & kendon is correct, they use both motor & sail. We motored over to the beach & sailed on the way back. I highly recommend the tour, the beach & snorkling are beautiful & the staff was very friendly. I had my first taste of a "pain-killer" - YUMMY!! & we had smooth sailing the whole time, no buckets needed here!!

Barbara from Philly

Archived