10-29-15 Thursday Weigh In - Evil Lurks Around the Corner!

shootr

Ugh, here comes the candy holiday - aisle's of candy in every store - trying to please the gaggle of kids - leftovers!!!

Just kidding!:D

We do what we can do - leave the porch light off and hide in the dark or dress up and embrace the event - either way, keep some fruit at hand and leave the sugar bowl to the trick-o-treaters!

Try to do the basics to give yourself some help - lots of water before you eat, and all during the day.

Put down your fork between bites and take a sip of your drink - sloooooow down your eating.

Put down your phone and pay more attention to your meal - savor what is there and take your time - give your brain a chance to realize your getting filled up before the plate is empty.

Park further from the door.

And don't deny yourself a favorite (in moderation) - giving up something you love temporarily just makes you want it more, don't penalize yourself - enjoy it and savor it - you DESERVED it!!!

Anywho...

I maintained at 179 this week, the scale bounced around a little but settled back down to where it should be.

I've been rewarding myself this week - got my first pair of 34 waist pants - and they're comfy!

Also pulled the trigger on a new bike. The one that was stolen a few years back - the same model was re-released under a new name and they were fire selling them - only dif really is it's black and the other one was white. Should be here Friday, a little assembly - and Saturday is looking to be an awesome day!!!

Hope to hear how everyone else is doing - new recipes or ideas - new goals or events to motivate you to reach that goal - family doing good?

See ya!

I am down 1 pound this week. 10 more to go. 99 days until we cruise, so we are at the double digit countdown! My goal was to loose 4 pounds per month prior to my cruise. so this should result with being 2 pounds under weight goal.

I am having a hard week as I am sick. Right now sitting at my desk, wishing I was in my bed. I split my workout yesterday to get through it. I took my recovery drink before the major part of it to give me a boost. I only have 17 of 90 days left so I really want to get through it and not fall behind on my progress. Nor do I want to extend my time with Tony Horton beyond these 17 days.

Eating is going well. I have been sticking to approximately 1400 calories per day and I feel good (apart from this cold). We have had Halloween treats in our house for the last 3 weeks and not tempted yet. I think I will make it through the weekend okay. And I do have a stash of mint chocolate protein bars that I can "cheat" with if I feel the need for chocolate. As I am close to finishing my 3rd month of healthy eating, I find the cravings rare. I have my go to pure almond butter and tortilla snack and air popped corn snack that are go to snack foods. Also strawberries. I never mind going my 1400 for those options. It is about making good choices and staying satisfied.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Angele

Good Morning,

Thanks for the thread Shootr. Glad you maintained.

Angele, good loss.

I also lost 1 lb. That's 2 lbs. in the few weeks. I'll take it.

I have 2.5 months until my cruise so would like to stay the same or lose a another couple of lbs.

Happy losing!

Diana

I´m down 1 lbs.

And I´m staying away from coke for 6 weeks now, that´s amazing in itself as coke was my favorite drink for years.

Now I want to cut out the sweets, and if that does not help I´m running out of ideas in how to get my weight to go down.

First step, the Halloween sweets are with nuts, which I can´t eat as I´m allergic to nuts. Makes it easier to keep my hands out of the sweet box...

We have to get our garden ready for winter so that´s where we´ll be this weekend.

HI all!

shootr ~ thanks for starting the thread & the helpful hints.:D

Looks like Belle's at sea & heading for Western Samoa, lucky lady!

I returned last night from 3 nights in Atlantic City & just gained 0.4 lbs so I'm pretty happy about that. The night before the bus trip we enjoyed a yummy Chinese buffet.

I always buy treats I like as we usually don't have many trick or treaters

here in the country.

Congrats to the losers & there's always next week for us gainers.;)

Happy Hallowe'en & don't forget to set the clocks back this weekend, if it applies.

~ Jo ~ :)

I think I got Angeleski's cold.

By Sunday night was feeling pretty punked out, today is starting to feel normal again. Ate pizza and snacked too much though these past couple days.

Wish I had pics to share, but it is dark when I ride - better to avoid too many dummies. It's the occasional drunk I have to worry about at that hour.

Still not a sip of soda - Well done Kasi1979! I'm about the same amount of time and don't see ever drinking it again - I think I really kicked it this time. I'm amazed how my energy has gone up by cutting out so much of the processed stuff.

The Tony Horton comment cracked me up - but way to go for sticking it out through sickness and in health! I have to break down and try almond butter - I do so miss peanut butter, if I could eat a little it would be one thing, but it's hard to put the jar down!

I'm betting winewanderer maintains all the way to cruise day! You all are really hanging tough and doing well.

Last week had some good eating ideas - thanks for sharing them. I've been doing chicken and brown rice a lot, as well as some of the other suggestions.

Still pounding down the water and a cold brew plain black coffee once in a while. Not even a beer with my cigar's lately.

Hopefully Thursday will be good for us all - pretty sure I'm up a couple but 180 is my target to stay at (although I'm still shooting for 175 for giggles - hit 177 on Saturday but that doesn't count - especially after this weekend.

See ya' all then!

Mmmmmmm! Missus found a recipe for turkey zucchini meatloaf - pretty darn good dinner tonight! The zucchini replaces the bread crumbs - it almost tasted sweet-savory is there is such a thing.

It's a keeper.