Ny waterway

appzoffear

Can you walk from pier 79 ( newyork waterway ferry terminal) to pier 88 ncl breakaway departure?

If so how far of a walk?

Thanks

Yep... Have done it many times, both with and without luggage.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.7607623,-74.0027361/40.7656561,-73.9979627/@40.7626354,-74.0029453,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

One caveat: At certain points along the way, the sidewalk/pedestrian walkway narrows and runs adjacent to a bike lane. Be very careful to stay on the walkway--on my last visit to pier 88, I saw a pedestrian hit and knocked down by a bicycle just after he exited the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
So you can take your luggage with you on the water ferry? We will have 2 of the 28" pieces.

Yes - folks have said that they dropped one person at the ferry entrance with the luggage while the other parked the car, so no need to tote everything from the parking area back to the ferry terminal. Sounds pretty easy to me.

So you can take your luggage with you on the water ferry? We will have 2 of the 28" pieces.

Yes indeed--not a problem. There are no stairs to climb at either end of the ride. You simply roll your luggage onto and off the ferry via a gentle ramp when the ferry docks at the terminal.

This short video gives a glimpse of the ferries and of the Port Imperial (Weehawken) and 39th Street (Manhattan) terminals: