Pinnacle grill

philbob84

The food is very good for the most part, and as others have said, the Pinnacle Grill is excellent. I can't compare to Carnival, though, never having sailed with them. The only negative comment I can make is that the desserts on HAL always look way better than they taste.

I have not been to the pinnacle yet (I always try to stick to the mdr on my first run with a line) but I can tell you my opinion on everything else. I'd rate Holland America to be a step above carnival in terms of food quality and taste. My husband and I are foodies and this is a plus on our list for looking at HAL. I'm looking forward to trying the pinnacle grill next Friday. 🍸

Oh, one downside... nothing that compares to the chocolate melting cake but being able to get creme brule every night helps make up for that.

Edited by sherilyn70

PG is our restaurant of choice- we eat there every night. We have never been disappointed. Last cruise the Chateaubriand in Le Cirque was a little iffy, but other than that great meals.

Steaks are the best and love the pork chop. Really enjoyed the cedar planked halibut with scampi on our last cruise. Lamb is fantastic.

Soups and salad are great. Have never tried the desserts- have never had room after dinner.