Pirate's SPLENDID Cruise to Bermuda Review

pirate4me2

I love the room service BLTs! And the chocolate cake!

Kim

Every night I order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a pot of tea around midnight when we get back to our room.......after all the rich food all day there is something comforting about a PB&J sandwich with tea before bed......slept like a baby.

Every night I order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a pot of tea around midnight when we get back to our room.......after all the rich food all day there is something comforting about a PB&J sandwich with tea before bed......slept like a baby.

Hmmm, what kind of jelly do they put on the PB&J? I may have to try that. I am not a huge fan of grape, but it may be worth a try!

The PB&J sandwiches are great too and so are the grilled cheese!

Hope you feel better!

Kim

Grilled cheese, yum! OK, this girl may be placing a crazy room service order on her next cruise, just to try all the yummy sandwiches! I can hear it now..."I'd like a BLT, PB&J, AND a grilled cheese please!"

Alright, one good thing about food poisoning is that I feel like crud and don't want to do anything, so I didn't mind the pics taking forever to upload over my cruddy Internet! Here we go with our last sea day on the Splendor.

You all know what happens on the last sea day, right? The CHOGs come out in full force!

DSCF1364_zpsbrd5apys.jpg

DSCF1367_zpslatdbpla.jpg

DSCF1361_zpswkcvcgjx.jpg

DSCF1360_zpsdbk8cdh4.jpg

I have to admit, the Octopus was a new one for me, I had never seen that before!

My favorite towel animal, however, was the alligator!

DSCF1365_zpsvojieuvp.jpg

DSCF1369_zpsdtkiki9u.jpg

I wonder if I asked on my next cruise if my steward would leave me my very own alligator in my shower? :D I love them! I know if I ever saw one up close alive though I would run the other way.

After the towel animal invasion I decided I just had to have another BLT from room service. The one from last night was SO GOOD, and we were not meeting our group until at least 11 for brunch. I called up and ordered my yumminess, and they were super quick getting it to me! I enjoyed every single wonderful bite, and then Kristyn came knocking on the door asking if we were going to the towel folding demo. Chris LOVES to make his own towel animals, so we all made our way to the theater and climbed on stage to make our own. Chris had a blast, and after the demo they had Towel Animal Theater, which is more for kids but we stayed to watch it. It was cute.

In the atrium after the towel animal show was a cruise chitchat with Kevin. We went and sat down to wait for our other friends, who seemed to be running a little late as usual. It was interesting hearing Kevin talk about life on the ships. Our crew finally all met up and by this point we decided to just grab lunch on Lido. I was happy enough with that, I went and got my very unhealthy but oh so good cheeseburger and chili cheese fries. (Can I just tell you all how hard it is to remember all that cheesy, gooey goodness while I am suffering from food poisoning here??!!).

Since it was our last day on the ship, I decided after lunch to go back to the room and do some packing and fill out our customs form. I also wanted to spend a little time on my balcony, I hadn't gotten to sit out there enough this week! Note to self: when traveling with a group of friends, get an interior room next time, you won't get to do your book reading as much!). I sat out there until dinnertime.

ElPidio's section was full tonight, so we got a random server for our dinner today. ElPidio did come by and say goodbye though! He really is an asset to Carnival, his service this week was wonderful. Chris and I used our Gold member drink coupons, I got a Bahama Mama, he got a Jack and Coke. My drink was awesome (and strong!) and he said his was strong and good too. I got the Caesar salad (you already knew that, right?), the crabcake (yummy! not as good as the steakhouse though), the eggplant and zucchini parm (downright nasty! Sorry Carnival, but that dish was a fail!) and Chris and I shared the Bacon Mac N Cheese, which was really good. I think our whole table finished dinner off with one last WCMC.

Our whole crew went to the Gender Showdown show, and it was funny. Both Kristyn and my other friend ended up on stage and got themselves medals for participating. Chris went up as well for the guys' side. Good job honey!

We opted to do the self assist debarkation the next morning, so we didn't set our bags out tonight. We all retired to our cabins early to get ready for the trip home tomorrow. Our vacation was coming to an end. :(

As I stated before, we chose to do the self assist option for leaving the ship. Debarkation started at 7, but since we were on deck 7 we were the second to last self assist group to leave the ship. Chris and I got up at 7, and Kristyn told us she was going to Lido to grab a bite and check her work emails. We got ready and left our bags in the cabin until after breakfast. I got my usual (fake scrambled eggs, sausage, and potatoes) and then we went back to the cabin for one last check to make sure nothing was left behind. Satisfied that we were all packed, we made our way to aft Lido to wait for our deck to be called. I think we ended up being called around 8:30, and I have to say, out of my 5 cruises so far Splendor seems to have the best debarkation process of the ships we have sailed. It wasn't mass chaos like some of our last cruises have been. Way to go Splendor!

Leaving the ship and going through customs was a breeze, and once outside the cruise terminal we began our trek back to the hotel to get our cars. It was an easy walk, and the trip home was uneventful. I was back at my house and with my furry children around 6.

Last Thoughts

*Kevin was a good cruise director. Not the best we have had, but far better than Pete and Brent that we have had in the past. His voice can get a little annoying, but he is a nice guy and does his job well.

*Chris was our assistant cruise director, if anyone wondered. :)

*Darnell from the entertainment staff was very funny, and he needs to be promoted to a CD! He was friendly and really, really nice.

*Splendor has great service and a very friendly staff.

*The food on this cruise was not as good as what we have had on other ships, but we never went hungry. I love how the grill, since it wasn't a Guys, had longer hours than Guys does. I really, really thought I would miss Guys, but heck no!

*I missed my Blue Iguana Cantina for my breakfast burritos!

*Splendor is a very pink ship. :) It kinda grew on me though, the pink zebra stripes.

*The layout was a great layout.

*If you get the chance to do a cruise to Bermuda....DO IT!! You won't regret it! Just be forwarned...3 days isn't enough to see everything. Plan on going again. :D

Great review - I loved it! Thanks for taking the time to write it and for all the wonderful pictures. It will be many months until I board the Splendor for my Southern Caribbean cruise - reading such good things about her makes me very happy!

You opted for self-assist that started at 7 but didn't get up until then? Did you know in advance when you'd be called? I did it once and really hated it. But I was Platinum and we were given one specific time to be ready to go (and it was very early, like 6:30). I don't plan on ever doing it again. :p

I'm not seeing your photos this morning!

Great review - I loved it! Thanks for taking the time to write it and for all the wonderful pictures. It will be many months until I board the Splendor for my Southern Caribbean cruise - reading such good things about her makes me very happy!

You will love the Southern itinerary!

Thanks for the review. I loved the review and the pictures. Can't wait till May to make our way there and try out the Splendor.

Thanks for the nice comments.

You opted for self-assist that started at 7 but didn't get up until then? Did you know in advance when you'd be called? I did it once and really hated it. But I was Platinum and we were given one specific time to be ready to go (and it was very early, like 6:30). I don't plan on ever doing it again. :p

I'm not seeing your photos this morning!

Joan, yes we were given a paper that listed what order the decks would be called in for self assist, so we knew we could sleep in a bit. :)

I wonder why my photos aren't working?! Darn photobucket!

I've seen this with other photos. From what I remember, you need to upgrade your account with Photobucket?

Hmmm, after I uploaded my photos it said I still had 42% of my storage left. Guess I need to go take a look and see what happened. :o